• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2019

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
MM2019 Post-mortem thoughts (only attended Tokyo this year, and for reference has attended 2018 and 2017):

Exhibit Proper:
  • Surprised, but expected that the lines went far enough to cross the bridge in Makuhari, but wasn't as chaotic compared to 2017, which used the same halls for Tokyo.
  • The important penlights were in ample supply, though majority of official merch were out of stock by Tokyo Day 3
  • The 1:1 scale statue is viewable 360 vs the previous ones which were set on a backdrop. You can take pictures of them delicious thighs from the back.
  • The Luka puzzle game in the exhibit was a nice touch, and as someone pointed out to me, is very gaijin-friendly to do. Too bad I forgot to do it during my time there.
  • Unlike previous exhibits, it looks like there was no piapro "shrine" section. Or I was just blind.
  • Sad that the SuperGT Miku AMG car was not displayed, but they did have the machine that they used for the Suzuka 10h Endurance Race a week prior, which I had the opportunity to watch live track side.
  • Favorite exhibits: Chiba City booth (really love how they are embracing Miku with their logo variants), The Luka boat
Concert Proper (attended Day 2 Day show):
  • Most comment that the Day 2 selection was the most 'meh' playlist, with Day 3 as the best variant (which also got the recently released "Catch the Wave")
  • R3 model looked good, though they could articulate her hair more.
  • Thanks to Mirai, I appreciate Rin and Len songs a bit more
  • I would be so disappointed if a Police Piccadilly song does not return to Mirai next year.
  • Meiko got a new song. Wished that they gave her more than 1 song as a simple way to celebrate her 15 years of existence.
  • The Luka segment was very heartwarming, As a Miku fan, I felt the Luka fan's love for our Tuna Diva.
  • Since I accidentally saw the setlist for the MikuWithYou this year and immediately read that Ohedo Julia Night was gonna be performed, I had a hunch that I was gonna encounter this song. Hardcore Kaito fans would say that he's getting the short end of the stick, but I think duets are more fun.
  • HIBANA!!
  • The live version of "Until I throw away my dreams and become an adult" "The Adulting Song" had a different feel from the original due to the arrangement. The original had a sad melancholy feel due to the prominence of the piano, while the live had a happy uplifting melancholy. It's not bad in a way, I was expecting "Hajime no Oto" levels of tears during this song, but I instead got happy tears inside.
  • That wowoka tribute along with the fan's chants reminds us that one can be gone, but never forgotten
  • "Sand Planet" will always be close to my heart as "the" Mirai song because it was my first, but "Bless Your Breath" earns points for being an audience interaction song. Epic crowd, epic song, epic chants.
  • If my memory serves me correct (and please correct me if I'm wrong), this is the first Mirai that was livestreamed (Bilibili pampers their China audience well)
  • This was also the first Mirai to have confetti with designs,
  • This was also the first Mirai to allow pictures after the concert has ended!
  • Personal top 3 songs, no order: Hibana, Bless Your Breath, that Adulting Song
Mirai 2020 Reveal:
Thanks to the Paralympics booking out most major venues at the end of August, Makuhari included, We will be having an early August Summer Mirai in Osaka and mid-December Winter Mirai in Tokyo. Have fun dodging setlist spoilers for 4 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nezuh

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
also Snow Miku 2019 was livestreamed on Bilibili, and from 2014, Tokyo MX did live streams on their TV channel (available also on PC and smartphone) of every Mirai exhibition and live :)
(in fact, the rare live footage "live & making" of Magical Mirai 2014 concert in Tokyo was available only on Tokyo MX channel)

the SuperGT Miku AMG car was not on display because the upcoming race (last weekend), so they needed to check it and fix everything :)
and about the "shrine", one big was on the stairs, just outside the entrance of Makuhari Messe 1-8, and inside the exhibition, the "shrine" was on Miku Daihatsu car ^-^

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
also Snow Miku 2019 was livestreamed on Bilibili, and from 2014, Tokyo MX did live streams on their TV channel (available also on PC and smartphone) of every Mirai exhibition and live :)
(in fact, the rare live footage "live & making" of Magical Mirai 2014 concert in Tokyo was available only on Tokyo MX channel)
I've always thought that the TokyoMX ones are cut versions, and I was referring to a full concert stream. Oh well, no issues if livestreams are gonna be a norm. Thanks Bilibili :)

Added: I vaguely remember seeing a Miku concert via playstation access. or something. was that a livestream...

the SuperGT Miku AMG car was not on display because the upcoming race (last weekend), so they needed to check it and fix everything :)
Makes more sense, forgot how Autopolis is near Kumamon-land in the middle of nowhere

and about the "shrine", one big was on the stairs, just outside the entrance of Makuhari Messe 1-8, and inside the exhibition, the "shrine" was on Miku Daihatsu car ^-^
The stair shrine was improvised by fans stairs or piapro had a setup there?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I've always thought that the TokyoMX ones are cut versions, and I was referring to a full concert stream. Oh well, no issues if livestreams are gonna be a norm. Thanks Bilibili :)

Added: I vaguely remember seeing a Miku concert via playstation access. or something. was that a livestream...

Makes more sense, forgot how Autopolis is near Kumamon-land in the middle of nowhere

The stair shrine was improvised by fans stairs or piapro had a setup there?
mm.. usually Tokyo MX has 2 versions: one cut, because they mix it with exhibition and interviews, and one full (but only for pay TV channel) :)
yes! for Magical Mirai 2014 in Osaka, there was an exclusive Playstation Plus video of the night concert ^^ that video is different from the blu ray video (it is the same night, but different cameras)

improvised ^^ but there were so many stairs that at the end became a really big shrine hehe

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
As every year, I filmed for my YouTube again, showing my experience of Magical Mirai. Here it is, my event report^^

@Tainted
Just read your comment and just wanted to add that the first Magical Mirai 2013 was definitely streamed...you could pay money on NicoNico to watch it (or be a premium member). I remember how difficult it was to set up. It was around the time when I really was determined to see Miku live, but I couldn't make 2013 yet, but watched the live stream. From 2014 onwards I made it to every Mirai xd

Last edited:

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Probably should have said "previous livestreams were hidden behind a paywall, and Bilibili started to offer free streams via their site."

Another small detail I noticed: the 2019 shirt design is not made by the "main" illustrator (ni02), but I think by the PV illustrator (Cherico). (comparing to the previous regular shirts)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
the official visual art of the blu-ray and DVD ^u^

and here are the details about the daily songs included in the extra disc (the songs that weren't played during the last day in Tokyo):

■初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2019」DAILY SONGS

[収録楽曲]
Satisfaction / livetune feat. 初音ミク
ロキ / みきとP feat. 鏡音リン・鏡音レン
砂の惑星 / ハチ feat. 初音ミク
どうぶつ占い / すこっぷ feat. 初音ミク
Baby Maniacs -Eight Mix- / 八王子P feat. 初音ミク
Just Be Friends / Dixie Flatline feat. 巡音ルカ
星屑ユートピア / otetsu feat. 巡音ルカ
アンハッピーリフレイン / wowaka feat. 初音ミク
裏表ラバーズ / wowaka feat. 初音ミク
アンノウン・マザーグース / wowaka feat. 初音ミク
ワールズエンド・ダンスホール / wowaka feat. 初音ミク・巡音ルカ

2020年1月8日(水)初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2019」Blu-ray&DVD は RELEASE ♡♡♡

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
here are all the preorder goods for the blu-ray and DVD of Magical Mirai 2019 ^u^

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
from today December 7 to December 12, in selected TOHO cinemas in Tokyo and Osaka, it'll be possible to enjoy the blu-ray of Magical Mirai 2019!! (❁´◡`❁)♡♡♡♡

can't wait, i have many many tickets(*/ω\*)!!

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
from December 16 to December 22, there will be special feature of Magical Mirai 2019 on Yunika Vision in Shinjuku (Tokyo) (●'◡'●)

will be played 7 songs, full lenght from the blu-ray video, and this is the timetable: 10時,12時,14時,16時,18時,20時

Reactions: mobius017

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
The Bluray is out for 2 days now and I got it today, thanks to Amazon Japan plus DHL Express as usual in just 2 days^^
And wow! I am very pleased with the concert after my first look. Haven't watched the full thing yet.
The edits seem real good and dynamic but most importantly, they finally got the sound right again! The instruments and Miku sound real good. But most importantly, the audience is finally at a level again, where you can hear them!
A concert experience is Miku + the audience (which is also why the concerts overseas will never live up to the Miku concert experience in Japan imo), so showcasing that in the Bluray is real important.
The last few years, the audience was tuned down way to much. Finally they fixed that, and the end product is something real close to actually having been there (which I was^^). So yeah! I am very glad about that!
There are minor reflections of the audience's glowsticks visible on screen, which is not a problem in my opinion (it wasn't really the case at all the year prior), but a Japanese reviewer on Amazon JP pointed it out and gave the Bluray 3 stars only as a result.

So yeah, real nice!
The bonus disk is the usual stuff, behind the scenes, digest video, interview with Yuyoyuppe and some other VocaloidP this time, will check that out some other time. And of course the Bluray comes with a nice booklet as always.

First impression real good!
I have experienced Magical Mirai so many times, but watching this gave me a "refresher" again WHY I love it so much and always wanna come back as long as I can.
Flight already booked for August for Mirai 2020 in Osaka, still not sure if I can go in December again xd

Reactions: Faiyez and uncreepy

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
I'm glad to hear about the mastering for this year. I'm waiting for the Blu-ray to "leak" since my actual order would never arrive that quickly (PM me if you have a lead). This was in fact my first Magical Mirai so I'm literally at the edge of my seat waiting to properly relive the experience. ^^

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah for sure! This Bluray seems to do a good job on capturing this feeling again, which the last 2 years kinda didn't quite.
I was looking for "leaks" myself but at least on nyaa, I didn't find anything.
DHL express is so crazy, 2 days only from Japan to Germany, and Amazon pre-pays custom fees (very low somehow always) so there are no hold ups.

I can imagine you are on edge!
Any plans to attend Mirai again this year, or Miku Expo?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hehe :3
i'm very happy you've enjoyed the blu-ray!! ^u^
yes^^ this time the audio mastering is much better, I could already feel it during the Tokyo and Osaka cinema viewing in december, and a couple of days ago when I got the blu-ray and the DVD (because one is not enough, of course! hehe), I could confirm ^u^
aaaand yes, DHL is magic! well this time I didn't need to use it, but other times i've used it, and for Italy it took only 2-3 days, when usually EMS takes at least 1 week! it's so fast that is amazing xD usually is Tokyo Haneda/Narita -> Hong Kong -> Leipzig -> Venice airport -> out for delivery! wow!

the reflections of the glowsticks is a thing that I really like :miku_lili: :miku_lili:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Also lol I know it might seem minor, but since I attended every Mirai since 2014, I always wanted to be visible on the Bluray of the concert, even if just barely for one frame, somewhere in the background. Even after so many years it never worked out (and yeah I went frame by frame over the rare audience shots from the front a lot over the last few years xd) but now finally even THAT came true!
Very happy about that :-)
(In case for anybody that knows me, especially Gabi, I am barely visible toegether with Rob and Miikka around the start of Hand in Hand)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
yeeeee finally hehe :D
I remember that in the blu-ray (or was the PS4 video version?) of 2014 in Osaka, it was possible to see your plushie! ^^
(and it was very nice that in 2014 they interviewed us ^^ so nice memories ^^)

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)