• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【Kagamine Len】 World is mine 【Selfish Len Version】【Cover】

AxisP

New Fan
Mar 24, 2020
Hey, guys, Axis here! I know I just entered the community, but I already have this cover I've been working on and that I really want to share with you! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

This is the first project I've finished and I'm happy with the end result, even though some parts really frustrates me. This is a cover of World is Mine (I'm very original), but a different version where Len sings in his POV. I used the original instrumental track from Ryo's song (I couldn't find the instrumental used in the original cover), so some parts doesn't match that well, specially the back voices, ugh... (╥﹏╥)

I actually started doing this for a college project L(° O °L) , but in reality the idea is to create an MMD animation to go with it (it's for an animation class), I'm not very good with MMD, but the animation doesn't have to be really long so I'm good, maybe.

If you can, I would love to receive constructive feedback, I want to keep getting better and better! ᕦ(⩾﹏⩽)ᕥ
I was specially lost about mixing, I just kept testing things out in FL Studio, but I've seen some comments here saying FL Plugins aren't that great, so I'm looking into improving that as well.

Thank you so much for taking your time to listen to it!! \(^-^)/

Cedits:
Original Cover by おればなな: ~ sm5515040
Original Song by Ryo: ~ sm3504435
Unedited VSQx provided by CircusP

Last edited:

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Ahh, nice to meet you, first of all ahah ☆彡 .

I think your version is quite cute :33; at first, being used to the original so much, it sounded a bit strange to hear different words😅, but then I got used to it :len_smile_lili: .

As for the mixing, I’m still a beginner when it comes to it, so don’t take my opinion as gold, but I think Len’s vocals sounded a bit “distant”(?), could it be the type of reverb you used? Also, the part at 3:50 sounded a bit lower in volume compared to the rest of the song, but otherwise it sounded pretty good to me 👌🏻✨. Also, looking forward to that MMD, good luck with it! 🍀

AxisP

New Fan
Mar 24, 2020
Nice to meet yoouu!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Thank you so much for your nice words. I also struggled with the lyrics at first, specially because I thought they couldn't quite fit at some parts, ugh!! ( ╥﹏╥) ノシ

I think you are totally right about the mixing. I wonder if it's because I worked on this a loooot in short span of time and ended up getting a little bit gratted, which led me to mix his vocals as quietly as possible... (҂◡_◡) ᕤ , good thing is that I think I know how to fix that, so I'll do it in know time.

Taking this break and receiving input like yours will give me a fresh take on the project, which I hope will make me better and better!! ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Wow how cool! I love that you changed the lyrics. There's something undoubtedly charming about having masculine vocals unashamedly sing female songs, but this extra attention to detail is really nice! I agree with Ceragi about the mix, but it was really lovely aside from that small bit! :D

AxisP

New Fan
Mar 24, 2020
Wow how cool! I love that you changed the lyrics. There's something undoubtedly charming about having masculine vocals unashamedly sing female songs, but this extra attention to detail is really nice! I agree with Ceragi about the mix, but it was really lovely aside from that small bit! :D
Oooh, thank you a lot, Leon!! \(^-^)/

I wasn't the one who actually wrote the lyrics, though I wish I knew how to do that. This a cover originally made by a niconico producer called おればなな . I actually found it uploaded by another person at Youtube and decided to make a cover myself. It's a cover from a cover!! L(° O °L)

I updated the post with a new version with a better mixing, trying to keep in mind your suggestions. I hope it sounds better like this!

• Love
Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)