• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【SynthV Original】天音【Yamine Renri】

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019

Yet another SynthV song. This time the lyrics were written first, with the music being made to fit.

I think I did a decent job of writing a melody that complements the words. Unfortunately the overall arrangement is kinda boring. However, if you're suffering from insomnia, this just might be exactly what you need to fall asleep.

As per usual, I learned a few things during the process. For starters, this is my first attempt to make full use of toms, which is quite apparent during the "A" theme.

I also changed my guitar solo strategy. In previous songs I just wrote down whatever came to mind, but this time it's an ornate variation of the "A" theme. Yes, that's very much a classical/romantic influence (and perhaps a bit of baroque). I think this strategy results in a more structurally cohesive solo.

And thanks to continued use of the SSL E-Channel, my EQ habits have further improved. At first it's scary to stop using EQs with fancy visualizations, but I'm starting to get the hang of old skool knobs, which in turn is giving me good results. Admittedly, I also used the dynamic EQ features of TDR Nova to tame the annoying frequencies of the vocals, guitars, and overheads, but with the exception of the vocals, I didn't enable the spectrum visualization feature.

Now onto the next song...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)