• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【SynthV original】 The Wingless Aeroplane 【Eleanor Forte & GENBU & Yamine Renri】

David K.

a Czech vocal synth user and keyboardist
Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
Hi guys, here is my new Synth V original - The Wingless Aeroplane. It's the second part of the "Bullet Train" series after "Fast Like A Bullet Train".

David K.

Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
I like your instrumental! It's got a neat character to it.
Oh, thank you very much! Making of this song was pretty interesting:
I took the instrumental riff from the chorus of Fast Like A Bullet Train and put it into the intro. The song "Fast Like A Bullet Train" featured the 100 series Shinkansen bullet train in its video and artwork. This one features a 200 series Shinkansen, which is basically the same train, but in different livery (white-green instead of white-blue). This type was used on Tohoku and Joetsu lines. Between 1982 and 1991, the train had its specific chime, "Furusato Chime", which played before the train arrived at a station. Each station had its own melody. All of them were based on Japanese popular and folk songs, but they were arranged all in the same style. I really like the style of the chimes so it inspired me to make the instrumental like this. You can compare to the Furusato Chime from the Joetsu line. The second part of the song (from 1:03 till the end) was inspired by the newer version of the chimes with a different lead instrument.
I'm glad you like my song!

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, thank you very much! Making of this song was pretty interesting:
I took the instrumental riff from the chorus of Fast Like A Bullet Train and put it into the intro. The song "Fast Like A Bullet Train" featured the 100 series Shinkansen bullet train in its video and artwork. This one features a 200 series Shinkansen, which is basically the same train, but in different livery (white-green instead of white-blue). This type was used on Tohoku and Joetsu lines. Between 1982 and 1991, the train had its specific chime, "Furusato Chime", which played before the train arrived at a station. Each station had its own melody. All of them were based on Japanese popular and folk songs, but they were arranged all in the same style. I really like the style of the chimes so it inspired me to make the instrumental like this. You can compare to the Furusato Chime from the Joetsu line. The second part of the song (from 1:03 till the end) was inspired by the newer version of the chimes with a different lead instrument.
I'm glad you like my song!
Ah, cool, that's interesting! That's neat that each station had their own chime. It's a nice tie-in to add that to your song, too!

Reactions: David K.

David K.

Feb 15, 2019
Czech Republic
Ah, cool, that's interesting! That's neat that each station had their own chime. It's a nice tie-in to add that to your song, too!
Thanks! I'm from the Czech Republic, where only 3 train chimes can be usually heard:
  • Some passenger trains have a 2-tone (ding-dong) chime before every announcement.
  • Some high-quality trains (EuroCity, InterCity) use a part of Antonin Dvorak's "Humoresque" as a chime.
  • The high-speed train "SuperCity Pendolino" uses an unknown classical tune.
So the Czech ones are pretty boring. But I really like watching Japanese train videos! And I love those "Furusato Chimes". The arrangement of the chimes is really pleasant to listen to, isn't it? I really love the lead instruments in both versions (that's why I recreated them and used in the song)!

I think those old chimes were much better than the new ones, used since 1991 (Tohoku, Joetsu).

Reactions: mobius017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)