• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

【VY1】 Nonsensical Noise / 戯言の雑音

yeeee

New Fan
I've been listening a lot to this song lately, and I got inspired to actually try and finish a cover for once haha

I honestly feel like there's something off with the mixing, but i can't pinpoint on what ;v;; i use fl studio trial vers btw if that helps ?

feedback/suggestions would be appreciated! (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚i really want to improve my tuning/mixing

DaSpookyReaper

I like to haunt these forums once a while
Sep 2, 2018
hmm its hard to say because the volume level flipping back and forth from original to cover is different, I think the between the lows and highs are slightly different whilst the vocals are bit quieter? (don't take my word as definite)

Although what i can suggest is that if you can, get the original copy MP3/WAV by shitoo's official URLs since likely the YT versions might be bass-boosted/altered which will make it bad to A/B compare. Drop it on to FL and just solo/mute it back n forth w/ your own to closely compare. Loading a nice Frequency analyser on the master mixer track (not the parametric EQ2) like Voxengo Span or Freakoscope to aid you in seeing whether or not your bass, highs or vocals range are louder/smaller/thicker/thinner then adjust accordingly. That all I can think of in terms of mixing.

w/ vocals I think the 'ni' pitch bent too down maybe, perhaps move it back up a little or shortening the duration a little to not make it so apparent since the og sounded more in pitch.

**** I hope I don't come off as a pretentious as***le since I've barely got into making covers myself but yeah I would be my approach to figuring out a problem

Last edited:
Reactions: yeeee

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
don't worry about "being pretentious", cuz thatll hold you back from giving an honest opinion. you can be critical but just be aware that people can disagree with you too, and u can add that to your own learning exp.

art is subjective after all.

yeeee

New Fan
**** I hope I don't come off as a pretentious as***le since I've barely got into making covers myself but yeah I would be my approach to figuring out a problem
no, it's fine! thanks so much for the input :kaito_move:
these are really helpful, i'll try and fix them later since there's still some stuff I have to get done in the meantime. thanks again!

EDIT: what was the timestamp for the "ni" pitch btw?

Last edited:

DaSpookyReaper

I like to haunt these forums once a while
Sep 2, 2018
The first "ni" every at the end of the 1st phrase, upon the 2nd time of listening maybe its just her tone being different than miku's which is why it stuck sharp to me.

Reactions: yeeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)