• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

鏡音レンV4X - メルト (WIP)

atsuya

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
here

i feel like the vocals are either buried underneath the instrumental, or the vocals are sitting right on top of them and covering them up. i've tried everything i can to blend them some more (different EQ settings, heavier/lighter compression, reverb/delay) but i just cannot get them to sound like one track. if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me. i'm open to all criticism.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oh wow, the tuning on this sounds amazing! This'll be an amazing cover onxe you get that mixing figured out.

To me, it sounds like Len is sitting above the instrumental, he's clearly louder than it. Maybe try turning up the volume of the instrumental and compressing Len? I think you can clearly hear how quiet the instrumental is once you hear Len really stop siging for the instrumental/piano solo part at ~2:55. That's eeally all the advice I can give, hope it helps remotely

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
I'm thinking de-esser before everything...Vocal is too loud and eq'd on the trebly side, or you got a lotta saturation going on. Have you ever tried to use chorus before?

atsuya

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Oh wow, the tuning on this sounds amazing! This'll be an amazing cover onxe you get that mixing figured out.

To me, it sounds like Len is sitting above the instrumental, he's clearly louder than it. Maybe try turning up the volume of the instrumental and compressing Len? I think you can clearly hear how quiet the instrumental is once you hear Len really stop siging for the instrumental/piano solo part at ~2:55. That's eeally all the advice I can give, hope it helps remotely
i've compressed him quite heavily while still trying to be cautious because too much compression makes it even harder to blend the vocals. and now that you point it out, you definitely can tell. i've decreased the volume a bit and already i see a big difference, but still not blending well. thank you, though!

I'm thinking de-esser before everything...Vocal is too loud and eq'd on the trebly side, or you got a lotta saturation going on. Have you ever tried to use chorus before?
aaa of course. i completely forgot about de-essing, oops. i went ahead and did that now. i did make my EQ a bit more trebly because my devoiced consonants were on the softer side and that usually helps, but i did less treble this time around and now it sounds bassy, idk though. i don't have the best headphones (i use apple earbuds) so i can't hear the frequencies that well. i did use a bit of chorus (especially on the la's), but i don't want to make it too noticeable because i personally don't like the sound of chorus. i went ahead and upped the settings a bit while still being cautious of not using too much, and i think it helped a bit, but it still sounds like he's singing on the track and not with it, if that makes sense. i also made my reverb a LOT less harsh because i think it was drowning out his actual voice and it was more than necessary. thanks for the advice.

sorta fixed mix

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
first one was between loud and fine volume, second one is between fine and soft. lol. vocaloid is just that way.

how do you have it compressed? i can prob give u like two or three options.

its not just the loudness of the voice that matters. Im listening to it and it sounds like the voice has a really "rough" texture compared to a smooth sounding instrumental. kind of separates it there.

the voice is a little juxtaposed to the instrument sometimes timing wise, the la la laas sound a lil late to me.

eq however u want. just try playing the song in your car and a laptop speaker or something. try to make it sound good across them all. everyone here thats listening has different stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)