• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

2020 Voice Synth Favorites!

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
since the year is drawing to a close, i figured we could talk about some of our favorite voice synth things released this year! a nice little positive thread for a....sad, sad year.
For instance,
Favorite voice synth released this year
Favorite song released this year
Favorite cover released this year
Favorite voice synth purchase you made this year
Those are just some ideas!

Fooor meeee....
My favorite voice synth released this year is probably Saki! Admittedly, I didn't keep up with much synth news at all for the beginning of the year as my activity has been on and off depending on my current life situation...so I dont really know who all was released this year....but Saki's voice is so good and I also always love designless synths that you can design yourself. Yay Saki!
My favorite song is probably inabakumori's "Lag Train" feat Kaai Yuki, I've been listening to it a lot.
Hmm and my favorite voice synth I purchased this year...I think this was the year I got gumi eng? I really havent used her a lot oops, just a few experiments here and there. But I'm really excited to have her now.
Also, my favorite voice synth fanarts from this year are both from vocalook week, this superstellart v flower piece and this kupoccino lily and luka piece.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ooo this is such a nice and happy thread!

my favorite voice synth release is also Saki! I completely fell in love with her after trying out SynthV in September/October, and I even created a design for her! I just love her voice a lot!
My favorite song release this year is DEFINITELY Divine Retribution by hiyimi!! I was obsessed with this song for weeks! And it’s always great seeing more Cyber Diva/Cyber Songman songs!
I don’t listen too too many covers, but my favorite this year was probably this Luka V4X cover of Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa!
and my favorite purchase rhisyear was the absolutely amazing and wonderful Lily V2! A dream Vocaloid I thought I’d NEVER own but now do!!!

and to add another thing, my favorite synth album this year was the Harvest Avanna 2020 Compilation Album!! But on a not buased note, specters by nostr8tanswer!

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Favorite Voice Synth Release: I'm gonna go with Minus! I actually secured her with my Christmas money, and I'm just waiting for the order to finalize... God I'm so excited!

Favorite Song: It's a tie!
Favorite Cover: Mai Mai Mai covered by Mue/Zhōu Xiǎocán. Easily the best usage of Miku Chinese I've ever heard.

Favorite Synth Purchase: Haiyi. I technically bought her at the end of 2019, but as she didn't reach me until January, I'm counting her. I credit her for the gigantic surge of motivation to create covers I've had this year; I've never been this inspired by a voicebank before, not even by the Kagamines. Haiyi I love you please step on me

Favorite Fanart: Macaronilen, my absolute most favorite OliLen artist, drew a piece inspired by one of my covers. Yes, I cried.

1609056533806.png

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
My favorite synth release this year was Tohoku Kiritan Neutrino. I criticized her here before, but Neutrino was a part of what made AI virtual singers take off, which have proven to be really influential. She's very high quality and caused a burst of activity in the community. I really love all the tohoku sisters a lot and I'm glad they didn't die out years ago.

My favorite synth purchase was kaito v3! I bought him in January secondhand for a crazy low price. It's still surreal to me to have such an iconic voice come out of my computer....

The song part I might get to later, there were way too many amazing ones to count! Two I can name off the top of my head as being good were Hiiragi Kirai's "Rabuka" and "Mobius".

Dunno if it counts as a cover but oster projects remix of Suki Yuki Maji Magic absolutely made my year like... I can't describe how magical it was to hear two of my favorite producers cross over like that. ;-;

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Fav voice synth release: Synthesizer V pro. I was skeptical about Synth V when it originally came out, but after AHS partnered with Dreamtonics and the updated software was released I was more convinced that Synth V would become a major player on the vocal synth scene. (Especially now with the addition of AI vbs)

Fav song: If I Could Become a Comet - Harumaki Gohan (Lag Train by inaba cumori came in close second)

Fav voice synth purchase: Probably ONE. Her talk bank is really fun to play with, I can see why people like to use talk banks for narration. (I only bought her song+talk starter because I wanted a physical copy of her song bank and the editor. I wasn’t sure if I’d even use her talk bank honestly.)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't really care much about new synth releases, I'm not too interested in them. Even Miku NT didn't spark much interest in me.

For me, the best thing to happen this year was probably Miku Expo Europe back in January, it was pure luck it happened just before the whole covid-19 chaos. Also I'm glad to have been in on the Cheers39 fan project, it was a lot of fun, though I haven't been much involved in the livestreams that followed after the irl events on January. I was particularly honored that the flag with my illustration was handed over to Crypton's CEO Itoh in person (I wasn't present though unfortunately).
My favourite purchase of the year is also the most expensive one, a dollfie dream Hatsune Miku.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Favorite voice synth released this year: Def Saki her voice is gorgeous and I can't wait to use her AI version :) Gorgeous voice on a gorgeous engine ah she is just so good
Favorite song released this year: Lagtrain I just really like this song or 煮沸消独 by ANGL

Favorite voice synth purchase you made this year: I want to say VY1v3 disc but that is like a collection thing from a usage standpoint Saki and SynthV Pro def

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Favorite release: Wow I somehow totally forgot Synthesizer V Studio came out this year... it really has been That kind of year lol. I think that's going to be my answer then since Saki AI isn't teeeechnically released yet (though I bought her standard bank like five hours after the announcement about her AI on Friday so I could redeem a code for her heh)

Favorite song released this year: I played Villain by Teniwoha for the first time on Spotify last night (I'm pretty sure) and it's already near the top of my On Repeat list. And I was listening to it on Youtube before I found it on Spotify, so I guess I have to give it the spot here even though I only discovered it earlier this past week. Really helping me get through the weekend. :ROFL:

Favorite purchase: Considering I bought like... a literal dozen banks this year, (am I counting right??? Man, buying V5 is havoc on my count), depending on how you count it, and there's only one I've even come close to using seriously... Gotta give it to Iroha, especially Natural. :iroha_lili:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)