• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

A bunch of patents from Yamaha lately about singing synthesis

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I think much of this relates to V5 so i'm posting it in case anyone here can get anything from it. Keijiro Saino (an inventor over at Yamaha) is listed in the following patents.

Display control method and editing apparatus for voice synthesis (published June 14th)

Speech synthesis method (published May 17th)

Speech synthesis device and speech synthesis method (published January 11th)

All the other patents relating to him have been made back in late 2016 and earlier. Don't know how useful this will all be to you if at all.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Very interesting find. I hadn't even thought of Yamaha needing patents for their vocal synthesis methods. I think you are correct that this is for V5, because on the June link, the images attached in the diagram say Atk (which would be attack) and Rls (release) and it mentions things like vocal fry. It also shows how long it takes and how it detects certain features kicking in. I'm not sure what to say about the Japanese diagrams since it seems like "normal" voice synth buzzwords and basically explains the features of V5, but they just talk about attack, release, sustain/offset/post, soundwaves, pitch of the orignal voice sample being affected by tuning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)