• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID About Fukase's license

Zunkari_Official

In Vocaloid hell since 2014
Nov 23, 2018
Somewhere in Spain
Hi! So, I'm writting a song with Fukase English right now, and I would like it to be part of an album I can sell later on Bandcamp (just digitally, I don't have the money to make physical albums oof). The thing is, I heard about him having a special license that prevented producers from selling songs with his voice or something like that...? But I can't find the information for his license and the oficial files that come with Vocaloid makes it dificult for me to understand. So... Anyone knows what can and can't do with him? Asides from non-profit things, like uploading non-monetized videos to YouTube or something like that.

(Also, if anyone also clarifies me Miku's and Una's licenses it would be of much help, too~)

TL;DR: Can I sell music using Fukase's voice? I can't remember what the license said and the oficial makes it dificult for me to understand

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I don't know anything about Una or Miku's licenses, but I know for Fukase you have to email Tokyo Fantasy and ask for permission to sell music/merch of him. I have a friend who made some acrylic charms and standees for him and Tokyo Fantasy gave him a contract where he had to give them 15% of all his earnings from the merch

So yeah just email them and see what they say

Zunkari_Official

In Vocaloid hell since 2014
Nov 23, 2018
Somewhere in Spain
Aaah I see. Thank you! I’ll see what I’ll do when I finish the song. But how does it work exactly...? Like, when he finished selling the fan merch, he sent them the money via I don’t know... Some credit card service you can send money through, right?

Monds

Aspiring Fan
Mar 6, 2018
Aaah I see. Thank you! I’ll see what I’ll do when I finish the song. But how does it work exactly...? Like, when he finished selling the fan merch, he sent them the money via I don’t know... Some credit card service you can send money through, right?
Its a licensing fee. Essentially yes, if you make a 100$ in sales and they want 15% of it then you have to give them 15$. As for how the money is transferred will depends on the company. Usually in a business world it would be through direct bank transfer(wire transfer), however in this case they may accept it trough a form like paypal and so on. All of this will be specified in the contract. Read the contract and ask questions on it if you must, to make sure you understand it,
breaking a contract can have legal complications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)