• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Fixing Vocaloid 2 Activation Error and Getting an English Interface

Sep 21, 2019
Update: Solution found~! Here's what causes the issue, and how you can fix it! If you install any older V2s after Luka has been installed, Vocaloid2 will give an activation error. The fix is to DEACTIVATE (you absolutely must deactivate her first, or you'll end up using two of your limited serial activations) and then uninstall her. After she's uninstalled, reinstall her. This should fix the issue. (It did for me at least!)

If you need an English interface, the latest Vocaloid update can be found on Crypton's support page. Scroll down to where it says "アップデータ". However, you must have a Crypton V2 (or Sweet Ann) registered to your account to download the updater.

Upon activating all my Vocaloids and also using the import tool, Vocaloid2 has been giving me some kind of error (in Japanese) about activation. I'm not entirely sure what it says outside of "activation" because the rest is in some Japanese I don't understand yet. It worked fine before I activated my Vocaloids, but after activating them, it refuses to open. Is there something special I have to do to activate the editor itself? I know V3 and newer have a separate serial for activation since you buy them separately, but I don't know how V2's activation works since it comes with the Vocaloids.

All my Vocaloids have been successfully activated and worked with the import tool, importing into both V4 and Piapro Studio just fine.

Here's a screenshot of the error V2 gives me:
Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 1.10.09 AM.png

(P.S. Is there a way to get V2 in English without an Engloid? I read somewhere that you need an Engloid to get V2 in English because the language is that of the first Vocaloid you installed, or something. Would Luka work since she has an English VB?)

Edit: If it helps at all, I'm running Vocaloid inside a Parallels Windows 10 VM on Mac. Vocaloid 2 is the first and only thing to give me problem so far.

Last edited:

static-oceans

I feel so high in the blue, blue sky
Dec 2, 2019
hey, for the english thing, you need to change some file names.

this should do the trick. i've had that error before but i don't remember how i fixed it. i'll try to dig around

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Unable to detect the device used for Vocaloid activation.
Please ensure that the device is correctly connected.
Thank you for the translation! That's very helpful!
You mentioned you're using a VM to run it since you're on iOS, right? That might be part of the issue. I'll look around and see if there's a guide for running V2 on Mac!
Yeah! I'm running it through a Parallels VM (which I believe is what Mitchie M uses/used). Vocaloid4, Piapro, and the Vocaloids work just fine but I guess V2 doesn't like me very much, lol. Thank you! I'll look as well!

Reactions: peaches2217
Sep 21, 2019
I still haven't figured out what the issue is, but I've ruled out one thing that won't fix it. I've tried deactivating and reactivating all my V2s, but no fix. Google and the Vocaloid website aren't much help either. :P

Sep 21, 2019
Alright! *Cracks knuckles*
I've finally cracked this case wide open. Given the error was in Japanese, I stopped being a total dolt and searched "Vocaloid 2 アクチベーシェン" since that was the only part of the text I could read (yes. I can't read Kanji very well, don't judge me. XD) which led me to this page on Crypton's site:

Apparently, if you install any of the older CVs after Luka has been installed, Vocaloid2 will give an activation error. The fix is to DEACTIVATE (you absolutely must deactivate her first, or you'll end up using two of your limited serial activations) and then uninstall her. After she's uninstalled, reinstall her. This should fix the issue. (It did for me at least!)

Sep 21, 2019
I also figured out how to get an English interface without the need for an Engloid! Yay~!

See the OP for how to get it!

Also, @Moderator, could one of you please move this to the main part of "The Studio" as a resource? Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)