Aia's Journal of Random Thoughts

peaches2217

The One With the Sunflower Hairclip
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm glad things are looking up for you! I've been praying for your well-being this past week or two. There's definitely a lot going on right now... it might be for the best to remain detached, to the best of your ability? That's what I'm trying to do. Sometimes, it's best to lay everything down and focus on the good. That's what helps me when things get tough. If I'm making sense?

Either way, welcome back!! We've missed you! :akasakiminato_lili::mirai_ani_lili::mirai_ani_lili::mirai_ani_lili::akasakiminato_lili:

Reactions: Aia

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Awww thanks ^^

Yeah I get you. I've been trying to focus on my other hobbies as comfort lately. So I've been trying to do a little of that, or in the very least, make the best of all the hell that's breaking loose as of late. I really appreciate your prayers btw, I think now things are really getting better!

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Saturday, August 22

Man I really haven't active here a lot these days, I apologize,,,,

I have been doing good these past couple of weeks though. Lately I've been focusing on other stuff and my hobbies outside of vocaloid. Mainly I found these two channels on YouTube that have songs from the 1920's all the way to the 60's. Though I haven't heard all of them--that would take me forever lolol--the ones I have are so good my god. I also been trying to do other stuff like reading and using old crafting supplies I haven't used in years. I have been trying to stay off of Twitter as much as I could, for a lot of world news and so-called "hot takes" from vocadoomers are really starting to get on my nerves.

I feel like at this point, it's extremely difficult to get anything across everyone in this community, but I just have to remind myself that it's not the community I hate. I just only hate certain people or certain behaviors that are found in only a small handful of folks. Sometimes we forget that those are completely different from each other.

Anyway enough of that, y'all remember last year where I was barely getting by with all the collabs and zines I impulsively signed up for? Well history is repeating itself 🙃

I am taking part in five collaborations within the span of these last months of the year, plus I'm going forth with my annual DDR countdown threads for their anniversaries coming up. There's more events that I want to take part of, but I feel like I might skip them this year, depending on how I'm doing till then. basically I have everything listed out on a piece of paper to keep myself on track; however, I haven't started on a lot of them. I got Sai 2 not so long ago, and only now I just set up the brushes; I still have to get used to the interface and just using it in general. I feel like that'll slow me down on these upcoming projects I have to do.

I have mentioned it before, but I am going back to school on the 31st, except I'm taking all my classes online. I know it'll be a lot different than what I was doing back in April, so I have no idea how these classes are going to affect my pace on my projects. Just to be safe, I'm going to spend all this next week to finish as much as I can and get them out of the way.

As for that one cover I was working on with Eleanor Forte:

Still no progress..... I realize now that there is still so much I have to learn about using SynthV plus tuning in general. Especially with the new version out, I don't even know if I should just ditch this cover and start over with the trial version of the new SynthV. I don't even know if it's possible. So far what I have learned is that there is so much time that actually goes into tuning and using vocal synths, especially if one is just beginning,,,, I have so much respect for all you guys that use it zdslkfjs

With all that said, I'm going to work on some drawings, wish me luck!

Average Poet

Jack of All Trades, Master on None
Aug 22, 2020
Maple Syrup, eh?
@Aia Hello, hello I'm a bit new here but I'd like to say that although it is hard to stay positive and hopeful in these troublesome times, I am glad to hear that you are doing well currently so keep doing wat you're doin my fellow human being! I had also been struggling a lot mentally (mostly with my dysthymia) but its important to take care of yourself, even if it is difficult. My tip for all the people acting badly or improperly on twitter or any other platform is try to not let them get to you that much if you can (sorry ik its cliche but it kinda works for me), and to instead focus on the small kindnesses that people show instead!

As for school I hope that you don't let all the stress and stuff get to you too much. I just graduated from high school a few months back so my advice is to enjoy the time you spend with your friends and loved ones as much as you can so that you have no regrets, uh but safely for now as there a pandemic still out there. Also good choice to start work on all the projects given to you as early as possible, since its a good way to reduce stress later on.

Cheers and I hope you'll have a wonderful school year with great memories!
:ruby_ani_lili:

Reactions: Aia

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
@Aia Hello, hello I'm a bit new here but I'd like to say that although it is hard to stay positive and hopeful in these troublesome times, I am glad to hear that you are doing well currently so keep doing wat you're doin my fellow human being! I had also been struggling a lot mentally (mostly with my dysthymia) but its important to take care of yourself, even if it is difficult. My tip for all the people acting badly or improperly on twitter or any other platform is try to not let them get to you that much if you can (sorry ik its cliche but it kinda works for me), and to instead focus on the small kindnesses that people show instead!

As for school I hope that you don't let all the stress and stuff get to you too much. I just graduated from high school a few months back so my advice is to enjoy the time you spend with your friends and loved ones as much as you can so that you have no regrets, uh but safely for now as there a pandemic still out there. Also good choice to start work on all the projects given to you as early as possible, since its a good way to reduce stress later on.

Cheers and I hope you'll have a wonderful school year with great memories!
:ruby_ani_lili:
Firstly, welcome to the forum ^^

Secondly, thank you for your kind words. A lot of this is so reassuring, especially as of now. I am bummed that I'm not spending this year the way I wanted to, but I will follow your advice and make the best of what I got. Thank you so much ❤

Reactions: Average Poet

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Wednesday, December 30

So... we're almost done with this year. And I know I haven't had the chance to update this or anything here in the past couple of months, but here I am now. Might as well say something to commemorate it.

I can't really say that I've been working on anything that grand that's vocal synth related. School has been keeping me busy a lot more than I thought it would, which was a surprise considering that I'm spending this whole semester from home. I didn't get a chance to talk to many of the other kids, not even the teacher as much (apart from when I need something or instructions, in which I have to gather some courage to unmute myself and say something ugh). I'm literally one of the very few---if not the only---who actually has their camera on for the class. Tbh it just gives me too much opportunity to do other things like watch some shows or movies, or just do something else on the computer that isn't related to the class. The good thing ig you could make out of it is that it's kind of an incentive for finishing my work, because I do: sometimes too early to know what to do with myself lol.

Either way, whether or not I finish my classwork I still have homework to finish after school, and that definitely takes a lot of my evenings.

Because of this, I didn't really have the chance to use my personal laptop (they gave us this other laptop specifically for school) to draw anything worthwhile, not even for the collabs and special projects I wanted to do this year. Even though I made a few kinda recently, they were just on my phone with really low battery... I don't know, I just feel bad especially since I ordered a bunch of new nibs for my stylus. I did make a bunch of traditional doodles, but they're rather experimental and definitely not vocal synth related at all.

I've been exploring some other interests lately.Kinda feel like picking up writing again, also been reading more. I think I have mentioned before that I've been really interested in vintage stuff, and that's been taking up a lot of my thoughts lately. Watching 50's sitcoms, listening to music from at least 80 years ago; it's taken over my Youtube feed, my playlists, even my sketchbook, for I have been drawing mostly vintage clothes that I'd wanna wear someday. It's gotten to a point of being a hyperfixation, that I was scared that it meant that I was no longer into vocaloid and vocal synths anymore. However, I still get a thrill out of listening to vocaloid music and my entire reaction to this summer's Magical Mirai proved me wrong slkjfsf. So that's good :teto_lili:

I guess the only true art highlight of this year would be my piece in the Dex and Daina 5th Anniversary album. Being in it was really something. When the pairings came out in the server and I saw myself paired with Circus P, my god, I was just flabbergasted. It just felt so surreal to be able to say I drew for one of his songs. He's one of my favorite vocaloid producers of all time. Like two years ago I was listening to Poltergeist and watching Slep's speedpaint for the video, and I thought to myself, "One day I wanna draw for him! :D" To be honest, I thought that was going to be years later, when I thought I would have a more professional setup or something lmaoo. Not gonna lie, I was a nervous wreck during the making of the album. We started back in February, and I spent most of the months until the release just planning how to format the cover. I was so scared of messing up the art; I had multiple sketches and concepts and was ready to throw them away and start over at the last minute. There were many instances where I felt like dropping out, and we had the chance to when the pandemic first hit over here, but I'm kinda glad I didn't. Circus surprisingly really liked my concepts and was impressed at the finishing result, so that was good. I kinda wished I could see more of people's reactions to the album's release though; I expected a lot of hype but then realize a lot of people on vocatwt don't really care much about Dex and Daina. Or most engloids for that matter... But I'm fine with that! The album is really good and it was so awesome to see everyone else's pieces come together.

Everything that went on this year and is still going on now just really threw me off track of everything: my plans for self improvement, art, just everything. All the things I was so sure of before, is not there anymore. When I first started writing this, I was feeling REALLY bad, but as I'm finishing this, I feel a little bit better. I can't guarantee that I'll be happier or back to where I was going before in the coming year, but I'll try. And if not, then I'll go somewhere else. I'm gonna start by joining the VocaLove collab coming up in Valentine's Day. Definitely gonna try something new there haha.

I'll try to be more active here when I can, even if it's just replying to stuff or just reposting art as usual.

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Monday, November 8

So..... it's been almost a year. Let's talk about that. I don't even know where to begin.

Well, in the middle of January, I came back to school in person. The first couple of weeks were overwhelming being around large crowds again. Back then a lot of stuff in the buildings have changed in favor of social distancing. Even with the plexiglass and the signs reminding people to wash their hands, it felt like I never left. All of my friends and old classmates welcomed me and immediately asked where I've been. After spending half of last year by myself, it was really refreshing being back there.

However, I got extremely occupied with work. Especially in my case, where I spent the first semester online, I wasn't able to take the vocational course with my peers, or else I'd be behind. So I was given two choices: either finish my remaining credits and graduate early, or finish and take the course the following year full-time. I thought it was worth it to take the latter, even if that meant I would be with upperclassmen for half the day. I got overwhelmed with assignments, and I wasn't able to do much vocaloid art. Or any art for that matter.

I finished the year practically burnt out. Then I found out that I still had to go to school in the summer, for that was when the vocational course started.

So there I went again working, this time, surrounded by adult students---many of them were about 1-5 years older than me. The first couple of days I was extremely uncomfortable; I didn't want anything to do with anyone. However, as the summer progressed I warmed up to everybody, and they're kind to me, so I guess that's good.

I'm a senior now. Since the regular school year started, I still get my assignments with the adults, though I still interact with my grade. My other friends are keeping me updated with events going on at the high school, so I'm not missing out on my senior year :kaito_move:

Anyway, what I really wanted to mention is the future of me and my art. Part of this course requires me to set up my own business. I have a separate social media handle. I'm drawing again, but I still don't have time to work on vocaloid projects that I want.

I posted more about this situation on my Twitter account. Instead of moving on from the vocal synth community forever, I'm basically moving the works I've been making before to that new account. Right now I'm trying to focus on original content, but soon I hope to integrate vocal synth art in the future!

I'm actually excited because with this, I now have the means to focus on other mediums I always wanted to try, like animation. I'm even planning on opening commissions for the first time! In fact, a friend just commissioned me to draw something for him.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do here. I might post any vocal synth art I have from time to time, maybe more wips. Otherwise, I think I'll revert back to what I was almost 6 years ago: a casual enjoyer.

So I'll still be around don't worry! If you made it all the way here, thanks :D

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
It's been a while, but I'm in the mood to try something different. While I procrastinate on a paper, here's some AU's I came up with in the past couple of months. I haven't drawn much of these concepts, but boy do I have lore going on here.

One that's been taking over my mind lately is a combination of my two favorite things: vocal synths and the 80's.

So picture this: it's the 80's and everyone is an artist trying to make it in the industry. I've come up with backstories for some of my favorite synths based on my favorite singers and such. Each one has their own style, and sometimes they work together and help each other out.

:daina_lili: Daina is a young new star specializing in new wave and alt pop. She was born and raised in the States, yet she's only relevant in the UK. So ofc she lives there and has this cool counterculture image to her persona. I loosely based her on Kim Wilde for her style of dress and voice type. Daina likes taking the lead in her music and doesn't take kindly to collaborating with other artists. However, this changes when she meets a band, in which their lead singer (*coughs* it's Dex) convinces her to sing for one of their songs. Then she starts to open up and her career takes off on a global level.

:dex_lili: Dex is the lead singer of a band (idk the name yet) with Chris :chris_lili: , Yohioloid :yohioloid_smile_lili: , and Bruno:bruno_lili:. This idea came to be when I was listening to this song and thought, "yeah these guys would sound good with this". Despite the inspiration, these guys would experiment with lots of different genres. This is because each member takes turns composing songs for the band, which makes their sound versatile, yet still unique because of what they are together. If that makes sense lol. They would have done a lot of new wave, rock, ballads, and pop music. How they meet with Daina is because Dex often pays attention to what's happening in the industry. After hearing some of Daina's works, he is determined to get her to sing a new song he's composing. This eventually ends up to be a landmark for both of their careers, and Daina and the band collaborate often ever since.

Lastly I cannot mention Dex and Daina without Ruby :ruby_lili: . She is a global icon in the music world, specializing in bright, energetic pop. I would base her on Madonna's singing style (because of this), with her fashion taste loosely based on Cyndi Lauper. She performs all over the world, and is best known for her creativity in her videos. As Daina gets more well known overseas, she and Ruby get acquainted. I like imagining this because there would be such a stark contrast. Daina would act repulsed to mainstream pop, but in her eyes, Ruby would always be the exception. Not only because Ruby has such a unique sound and style to her music, but also because Daina starts to have a soft spot for her (hey I ship them, what do you expect?) They would not collaborate as much due to their contrasting sounds; however, they would definitely hang out a lot irl.

I have more vocal synths who belong in this AU, but I wanted to at least get these out of the way since I think about them the most. Is this totally inaccurate for the time period and how the industry works? I'm pretty certain, but hey, I'm happy thinking about these guys. Would anyone want to hear my other headcanons for this AU? I'd be happy to share more in the future.

Reactions: Nokone Miku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)