• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Audition Winner VOCALOID "Fuiro"

Gr@peS0da524

New Fan
Feb 27, 2022
www.inherentlyfunny.com
Yep , this has been up on the vocaloid site since the 15th! and Wiki didnt even tell me! :utaneuta_lili: LAME!
>>>Ends on the 28th<<<<
According to the japanese side of Vocaloid dot com
Nana, which is kinda like tiktok but for music/audio, ( i think? according to Mister ggrks anyway),
will be hosting this contest! in what Nana calls a " dream-like audition "
one (!1!) lucky winner will be the voice provider for a new Vocaloid! also a copy of vocaloid 5 standard
While the 9 other ppl will get other prizes! ( mostly Vocaloid 5 standard, wow! :utaneuta_lili: )
>Winniers will record the voice samples in a separate studio, there is no age limit, and contest posts can be shared on twitter dot com<
There is a post / Q&A thing on Nana you can read for more info!
>If you have the Nana app or something the contest uses #Vocaloid Audition iIl be on the lookout on twitter tho lol......

****From what I remember; a Japanese, No append voice bank takes anywhere from a few days to a couple months of dev time,
( and thats ignoring the whole selection process of Nana and maybe also Yamaha )
so idk if we will see this new vocal this year......
I just hope its something we've nver heard before,
vocaloid has fallen REALLY far behind other synths so....
:kaito_move:
What yall think?
(EDIT-fixed it up a bit)

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
It's nice but won't probably be able to give it a shot as I've spent 3 days trying to log in on my account both on phone and web =C (registered on the website because no social media OTL) and ironically i can log in on the support website of nana-music but not the general T^T and I'm unable then to sign in when I click on "upload"

• Sad
Reactions: poser

Gr@peS0da524

New Fan
Feb 27, 2022
www.inherentlyfunny.com
>>>>UPDATE<<<< The contest is now over
A post by Nana states that they received applications exceeding 2,500! Woah:utaneuta_lili:
and according to the WIKI the results will be announced on March 15!
follow'em on twitter for more updates! be sure to look thru #ボカロオーディション if you wanna hear some submisions
*** you DONT need a nana account to listen to the submissions on PC! But if you wanna listen on the app you DO need to login!!!****

>>>Here are some that i liked,,,,from the ones ive heard lol :kaito2_move: ( in no order)
死神 (acoustic inst) / @Umekonbu_piiya
少女レイ / @ichi25x
You've got a friend / @marianna067 (this a cover by a non english speaker, bold move!)
夜明けと蛍 ラスサビ / @MagischerSchnee
ベビーデーズ / @Stirring_UI
残響散歌 しっとりVer. / @MiracleTeoVoice
君は薔薇より美しい / @umiumium10
Theyre all Feminine vocals but i'll listen for masculine vocals too

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah I don't know the song so I can't say, but I am leaning more towards the bank was fine. Hard to tell with just a couple of clips, but I think she sounds nice so far!

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
It's an interesting voice type! For me, I think it just doesn't sound as much like the VP's utattemita as I expected.

I think I like it but I want to hold off until stuff actually exists from outside the halls of Yamaha because I think their demos for this engine have been 'off' in some way or another so far. The only thing tangibly throwing me off is the demo song "NEONSIGN"... is it just me or does it sound slightly out of time? Maybe I'm going crazy from trying to fix a timing issue all day. I'm gonna chalk it up to DAW-induced insanity lol, but it could just be the cadence of the lyrics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)