• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

BambooGarden101 tries her hand at pixel art

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
A couple of years ago I discovered the dotpict mobile app and I got kinda hooked on pixel art. (I actually experimented with it back in 2015-2016 but then sort of gave up)

I already have another thread for my non-pixel art - is it OK to make a separate thread, or should I have posted it there? (Mods, if that's the case, then feel free to merge both threads.)
Anyway, here are some of my best pixel art works. Pretty much all of them involve VOICEROID characters, especially the Kotonoha sisters and Kiritan.

Kotonoha Akane waiting for the train in an old, lonely Japanese subway station. I actually drew this one of my computer and not the dotpict app.
subway.png
Title says all.
IMG_3759.png
Kotonoha Akane in her English voicebank outfit, simply blinking.
IMG_4052.GIF
Inspired by how I got a fever after my third COVID shot, after getting through even the much-maligned second one (from which pretty much 100% of people I know got major side effects) with almost zero damage.
IMG_4784.GIF
Full-body Kizuna Akari.
IMG_4129.jpg
Kiritan blushing upon being told "I love you".
IMG_4043.GIF
The Japanese text reads "It's no good" in Kansai dialect.
IMG_5849 (1).GIF
Kasukabe Tsumugi pops up to say hello.
IMG_5858 (2).GIF

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
This is so great!! I have a soft spot for your Tsumugi!

I've always found it fascinating how VOICEROID/talk characters have some of the most, like, environmentally interesting fanart I've seen. So many artists put the characters together in situations and locations that make them feel super alive and give them the impression of going about their daily lives.

Your animations have good weight to them.

• Love
Reactions: BambooGarden101

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)