• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Bandai Namco shows off real time animation system with Mirai Komachi

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
This is really cool! Great find. The only issue it seemed to have that I noticed was the cartwheel (hands not touching the ground).

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, the cartwheel is the only part where there's any noticeable issues, which is pretty impressive considering that mocap usually has way more issues (even when it's NOT real-time). I'll have to keep my eye on banacast to see what they come up with in the future.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't think this is the last of Mirai that we're gonna see. They even updated her website (yet again!) for the New Year.

On her site, there's a mention of her 3D model:
  • 3Dモデルデータ
    3D model data
    公開にむけて準備中です。もう少々お待ちください。
    Currently preparing for the public. Please wait a while longer.
What if they give people her 3D model to use in VR?

I wonder if we should start a thread to track her activities/news...? They've been using her in more tech demos, surely she'll get to start proper idol activities in the near future, right?

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Today I found another article but this was about a demo Namco did a few months earlier (in Sept. 18) and it included a few videos of the system at work from where the mo cap artist is バンダイナムコが見せたキャラクターライブ技術「BanaCAST」とその裏側、能登有沙さんの実演も【CEDEC2018】

Another japanese article about that september/august conference 【CEDEC 2018】BanaCASTが提供するCGキャラクターライブを支えるモーションキャプチャー技術を公開…『IDOLM@STER』大型ライブイベントの演出にも採用 | Social Game Info

Famitsu article from the september/august event 『アイマス』やEGOISTなど、キャラクターライブで重要なのは、優れたエンジニア、知識、経験、そして設営時間!【CEDEC2018】 - ファミ通.com

I spotted a video from that event on YouTube

The korean article that accompanied that video http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=205894&iskin=webzine

A quick english article about the december event Namco attended Behind the Scenes at SIGGRAPH Asia's REAL TIME LIVE

Bandai Namco's english investment page talked a bit about how their Banacast system was used in Idolmaster and Egoist concerts Hajime Nakatani|Interviews|IR Information|BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chia-P and uncreepy

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
It was announced today that Mirai will be doing a live DJ concert in a game using this mocap tech

(english details at the bottom of the page in a pdf)

Reactions: uncreepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)