• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Best Proxy Shopping Services?

Sep 21, 2019
I've been looking into some Japan only merchandise and found a few things I'm interested in, so now I'm wondering what the best proxy services is. I previously used Zenmarket because I saw it recommended a long time ago, but I'm not sure I want to use them again because the way of adding funds to your account is confusing as heck and they also nailed me last time on the shipping fees for one item. I'm also looking for one that can contact sellers if I have any questions for the seller (like in the case of Rin and Len's V2s, if they're selling act 1 or act 2).

(Also, how much are shipping fees usually for physical vocaloid VBs?)

I see that some of you have used Tenso and Buyee, so maybe you all could enlighten me, lol.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ah, I use Buyee which is good, and the speed just determines on the shipping option you choose. I've never needed to try to contact a seller though asldfksjf. Maybe try @peaches2217 who has had a seller contacted afaik

Also you can tell if it's Act 1 or 2 for Rin/Len based off the boxart, if they have pictures (which, I hope they do asdlfjsfd). Base it off the computer on their sleeves, which is an actual bluish computer screen on Act 2, but is only a green stripe in Act 1. Also Rin's tattoo says "Act2" under it on Act 2 (obviously aslfkjsd)

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Yeah, I was able to contact a seller through Buyee. (Specifically, I asked them to ask the seller about shipping, they contacted the seller themselves, then they got back with me and told me what the seller said. Language barrier, y'know.) I've never tried that through Tenso, though, so I don't have any solid advice for that. I'm fond of Tenso because you can use it to order from any Japanese website; I've only used Buyee for purchases through Mercari, and Buyee only has a finite number of websites you can order from (though it's still a pretty good list, I think).

Depending on the website, you might be able to contact a seller yourself and then get it shipped to a proxy if it meets your requirements. Mercari wouldn't allow me to make an account because I entered my name in katakana, signalling I'm not actually Japanese; I'll try again with a made-up name and see if that works. If it does, Tenso might be helpful for that, because they give you an address and info you can use to fill out that makes it appear you live in the country, which allows you to access sites that you wouldn't be able to otherwise as a foreigner.

Also, shipping is usually between $10-30, depending on which option you go with. When I order my shipping usually comes out to around $15, both through Tenso and Buyee.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Also you can tell if it's Act 1 or 2 for Rin/Len based off the boxart, if they have pictures (which, I hope they do asdlfjsfd). Base it off the computer on their sleeves, which is an actual bluish computer screen on Act 2, but is only a green stripe in Act 1. Also Rin's tattoo says "Act2" under it on Act 2 (obviously aslfkjsd)
Thanks for that info! The issue I run into is that all the sellers I've found just use the same image and don't actually use any pictures they've taken themselves, which makes me a bit skeptical of buying without asking!

Yeah, I was able to contact a seller through Buyee. (Specifically, I asked them to ask the seller about shipping, they contacted the seller themselves, then they got back with me and told me what the seller said. Language barrier, y'know.) I've never tried that through Tenso, though, so I don't have any solid advice for that. I'm fond of Tenso because you can use it to order from any Japanese website; I've only used Buyee for purchases through Mercari, and Buyee only has a finite number of websites you can order from (though it's still a pretty good list, I think).

Depending on the website, you might be able to contact a seller yourself and then get it shipped to a proxy if it meets your requirements. Mercari wouldn't allow me to make an account because I entered my name in katakana, signalling I'm not actually Japanese; I'll try again with a made-up name and see if that works. If it does, Tenso might be helpful for that, because they give you an address and info you can use to fill out that makes it appear you live in the country, which allows you to access sites that you wouldn't be able to otherwise as a foreigner.

Also, shipping is usually between $10-30, depending on which option you go with. When I order my shipping usually comes out to around $15, both through Tenso and Buyee.
Thank you so much for this information!! I'll see about Buyee!!

Reactions: peaches2217

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I use Tenso. It's not a proxy per se, but a forwarding service, so you just get a Japanese address from them and do the shopping yourself. I prefer it over actual proxies simply because it's cheaper, but in return you need to read Japanese to shop. (I guess translator could work, but better to have an understanding of the language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)