• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Betterloid - VOCALOID5 Unofficial Plugin System

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Hi everyone, I have recently been working on an unofficial plugin system for VOCALOID5 since YAMAHA still didn't add an official one.

The first plugin I made with it is a plugin adding custom backgrounds to vocaloid 5

There are two types of plugins that can be made with this tool :
- StartupPlugins that are plugins that get loaded when vocaloid 5 starts
- EditorPlugins that are plugins started by going in the Plugins tab and clicking on them.

The first one is a new type that wasn't in vocaloid 4 and is more useful for plugins that modify the behaviour of the whole editor (such as my background plugin that is a Startup Plugin) while the EditorPlugins are more useful for specific actions such as modifying a group of selected notes, selecting specific notes, translating phonemes to other phoneme types, exporting stuff to a format etc.

I plan to make a tutorial on plugin development soon.

Development wise this is the first version so there are still features I plan to implement such as automatic updates and a menu to manage activated plugins etc.
Right now most settings are managed through json files, if you want to disable a plugin you must set the value PluginActive in "PluginConfig.json" of the plugin you want to disable to false.

Betterloid can be downloaded at this link : Betterloid

The background plugin allows stuff like this
vocaloid.png

Notes :
- Betterloid doesn't enable Piracy and doesn't circumvent the DRMs, you need the full activated VOCALOID5 Editor, same for the voicebanks.
- Betterloid at the moment only works in Standalone mode, it won't work in VST mode, You can still use it with a DAW in ReWire mode.
- Betterloid works by hooking to vocaloid5 in memory and injecting its features, therefore, the vocaloid5 executable won't be modified at all, starting the original vocaloid5 executable will start it normally, and uninstalling betterloid is as easy as just removing the betterloid executable and the plugins directory.

Last edited:

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I ended up finding out a bug with my plugin where basically the JSON library I am using enters in conflict with the one used by VOCALOID5
So vocaloid 5 ends up crashing when started without Betterloid when installed, I'll fix this in the next update.

Reactions: Kaleidiope

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019

I have been working on an example of a more productive plugin that I will open source, it will be useful for devs to base their code on it for their plugins, it will make it easier to learn how to make plugins this way

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
Betterloid

The phoneme conversion plugin as well as the background plugins are now available for download !

for the phoneme plugin, the way it works is by specifying the equivalent in other languages or voicebanks for phonemes, it works this way

this is an example

Code:
{
    "Name" : "Basic Japanese to English converter",
    "WordMode" : false,
    "TargetLanguage": "EN",
    "TargetVoicebank": "*",
    "PhonemeEquivalents":
        {
            "a": "V",
            "e" : "e",
            "i" : "i:",
            "o" : "Q",
            "M" : "u:"
        }
}
this converter will only work on english voicebanks and is meant to convert japanese phonemes to english phonemes.
the "*" at TargetVoicebank is meant to indicate that any voicebank is accepted, if you give the exact name of a voicebank there (the name that appears in the voicebank list of vocaloid5) it will lock this conversion file to this specific voicebank, you can also use the "*" for the language

the language codes that are supported are
"EN","JP","SP","KO","CH" (English, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Chinese)

the WordMode is a mode where instead of matching individual phonemes, the plugin will match the entire phoneme area, it is useful in cases someone wants to make a custom dictionary of words to phonemes such as when people want to make a voicebank sing an unsupported language

EDIT : I didn't explain it properly the converter plugin will work on all voicebank types not only english however this specific example of converter file is meant for english voicebanks due to the "TargetLanguage" that is set to english

Last edited:

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
following an issue someone had with betterloid.
when installing betterloid and plugins for it, don't forget to go to the properties of the zip and unblock it, 1629470739913.png
else betterloid or the plugin won't be able to work properly

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
yeah this one
honestly I'm kind of wondering if maybe your antivirus is blocking betterloid in the background

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)