• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Bilibili VSQs/Off Vocals?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
So I'm an bebby when it comes to Chinese vocals, and I know like five words of Mandarin, so please forgive my ignorance.

Is the process of getting VSQs from Bilibili usually harder than getting them from Nico or YouTube? I found one for a Xin Hua song months ago, and it took tons of digging and a special app to bypass the process of signing up outside of mainland China just to reach the VSQ, and that was after someone posted a link to the downloads on YouTube. I've been listening to one song on repeat for the past few days, and a VSQ of it exists on Bilibili, as well as a few covers, meaning it and its off-vocal are being passed around somewhere. (That one in particular I'd love to have for when I inevitably cave and get a Mandoloid or one of the Medium5 girls.) Another cover of a different song got posted to YouTube, and they linked back to the original video for the VSQ, where the VSQ info was just 见群共享。(which Google says means "See Group Sharing.")

So... are Bilibili VSQs just one of those things you can't reach unless you either speak Mandarin or a kindly soul puts its link on YouTube? Or is there a website where they get shared around that you could, in theory, access and find VSQs? I'd like to think there's some hope.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
This might not be the exact solution you're looking for, and I haven't tested it myself, but this is the best idea I have based on my knowledge. From what I understand, laws regarding Internet usage and the distribution of files for download is very strict in mainland China, so it may be difficult to access some things from billibilli if you don't live in mainland China. My suggestion is to use Google Chrome (since it offers translations of webpages you're viewing) to get at least a vague translation, and maybe, if need be, a VPN that covers your IP address to make it look like you're connecting from somewhere in mainland China.

I've never used a VPN, but I know some information about them (such as free ones are typically unsafe) and that a lot of the big ones offer free trials. I think Nord VPN is popular, but idk if it offers China-based connections. orz

(Hopefully this is of some help!)

Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)