• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Brief Hiatus Notice #1

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Hi guys...

I might still reply on the forums every now and then but I just wanted everyone to know that I’m not able to write new songs for a while.

The reason has mainly to do with my computer, which is running on a worse-than-potato power supply unit.

So I bought a new power supply, which is a Corsair CX550M, which happened on a Wednesday.

Problem is, they said the shipping would only take a couple days to process but it’s already been past that and I still haven’t heard a word from those guys. It’s very likely that they may have pocketed the money and not shipped the item at all (I can’t help but suspect this as this has happened before).

So it’s very likely that the hiatus is going to take longer than a month but the best case and unlikely scenario is that I get the new power supply on Monday and get things rolling again right away.

Thanks for understanding guys.

Best Regards,
WintermintP

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Aw that is a bummer. Still if it doesn't show up soon e-mail the company and then if no response dispute the charge.

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I dunno, it’s Newegg we’re talking about. I don’t know how we’ll fare against their reputation.

Regards,
WintermintP
As long as you kept a receipt with proof of purchase and estimated date of delivery you can file a dispute with you card. What will happen is that your card provider will give you the money back temporarily. They will then contact the seller and try to obtain their side of the story. If the seller does not contact back within 90 days the card will permanently be given the amount back. If the seller does contact back it will go to a third party arbitrator in the company who will make the final call. If the arbitrator sides with you they will refund the money if they side with the seller, the money will be taken back from the account. The once or twice I have done it, the seller has never contacted back so I got to keep the money. Just make sure you have your ducks in a row before you start.

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Yea, I've already gone through those hoops before, except the other seller that did this claimed they didn't charge the money while we showed evidence we were clearly charged, and ultimately the arbitrator took the seller's side and we lost the money. This is Newegg so it might be a different story, but it has happened before so all of us at home are really uneasy of it.

In other news, one more day until it's a business day again. The package had better get here by tomorrow.

Regards,
WintermintP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)