• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Can someone help me figure out how to convert VSQX to UST or midi?

Aug 13, 2018
Long story short, I had this midi I wanted to use in SynthV but had to heavily edit it in both FL Studio and V4. Now it's a V4 VSQX and I need to make it an UST or midi in order to use it in the other synth. I've searched for converters and plugins, but either it doesn't work for V4 vsqx or it's an UTAU plugin (and I currently don't have UTAU). The only match I found required me to have RPG Maker VX Ace in order to run the application for some reason? I'm just having trouble finding something I can actually use and the endless google search of repeats is getting frustrating.

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
And unfortunately you can't import .vpr files from VO 5 into Piapro Studio. So, correct me if I'm, wrong, but there seems to be no way to convert a vocaloid 5 file to midi. If Yamaha wants to Vocaloid to be "pro" software there should be an option to export in midi. It's a big problem if you write songs in the editor. I don't know if the steinberg cubase 4.5 version can export to midi though, as I don't use cubase.
This is at least one reason that I want a piapro update so it can handle VO 5 files.

Aug 13, 2018
What Vocaloid editor(s) do you have? You can export as MIDI from Piapro Studio.
I have V5, V4, V3 mini, and V2. I tried looking into Piapro Studio, but I can't exactly seem to find it on my computer. The closest I can find is the updater, but not the actual program.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
I have V5, V4, V3 mini, and V2. I tried looking into Piapro Studio, but I can't exactly seem to find it on my computer. The closest I can find is the updater, but not the actual program.
I'm assuming you have the VSTi version, as only Miku V4 Chinese comes with the Standalone. This means that you need to open Piapro Studio from within a DAW such as Studio One. If you don't see Piapro Studio in there, try to reinstall it.

And unfortunately you can't import .vpr files from VO 5 into Piapro Studio. So, correct me if I'm, wrong, but there seems to be no way to convert a vocaloid 5 file to midi. If Yamaha wants to Vocaloid to be "pro" software there should be an option to export in midi. It's a big problem if you write songs in the editor. I don't know if the steinberg cubase 4.5 version can export to midi though, as I don't use cubase.
This is at least one reason that I want a piapro update so it can handle VO 5 files.
Can the VOCALOID5 Editor export VSQx files? Is so, you could do that, then import the VSQx into Piapro Studio.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Why don't you give this converter a shot? It convets between UST, VSQ(X), and CCS. It's what I use and it works amazingly.

EDIT: Also, I don't own V5 but I believe if you have Vocaloid for Cubase, you can export from there as a MIDI at least. I haven't tried this with my copy of V4 for Cubase nor do I have my computer on me to try, but it'd be worth a shot.

Aug 13, 2018
I'm assuming you have the VSTi version, as only Miku V4 Chinese comes with the Standalone. This means that you need to open Piapro Studio from within a DAW such as Studio One. If you don't see Piapro Studio in there, try to reinstall it.
I tried opening it in FL Studio, but it says VOCALOID API has not been installed and I can't find where you import the VSQx.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
I tried opening it in FL Studio, but it says VOCALOID API has not been installed and I can't find where you import the VSQx.
Sounds like you might need to update Piapro Studio. If so, you can either run the Updater you found earlier or check where to download the latest update here.
Importing the VSQx would be done within the Piapro Studio window rather than the FL Studio window.

Aug 13, 2018
Sounds like you might need to update Piapro Studio. If so, you can either run the Updater you found earlier or check where to download the latest update here.
Importing the VSQx would be done within the Piapro Studio window rather than the FL Studio window.
Updated before I even found it in FL Studio. And I can't find the part in the Piapro window that has importing VSQx.
Why don't you give this converter a shot? It convets between UST, VSQ(X), and CCS. It's what I use and it works amazingly.

EDIT: Also, I don't own V5 but I believe if you have Vocaloid for Cubase, you can export from there as a MIDI at least. I haven't tried this with my copy of V4 for Cubase nor do I have my computer on me to try, but it'd be worth a shot.
So I downloaded and I keep trying to use it, but when I export I don't find it in the file I chose? I think it keeps crashing, the first time it just stopped responding before crashing. I also don't have Vocaloid for Cubase, sadly.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
So I downloaded and I keep trying to use it, but when I export I don't find it in the file I chose? I think it keeps crashing, the first time it just stopped responding before crashing. I also don't have Vocaloid for Cubase, sadly.
That's strange. I don't know why it would be doing that. Normally when I export, it ends in the same place as the file I imported.
I tried doing some more research and found this thread on UtaForum. There is a plug-in for V4 that will export as VSQ and from there, can be imported into UTAU. There is also an UTAU plug-in to open VSQX files, but I don't have a link to that. You may be able to find it on UtaForum though.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Updated before I even found it in FL Studio. And I can't find the part in the Piapro window that has importing VSQx.
Ah, I see. Hm, maybe updating your VOCALOID4 Editor would get you the latest VOCALOID4 Api. Though, if your VOCALOID4 Editor is already up-to-date and you have the latest Api, I'm not sure why Piapro Studio would be saying that. (This is assuming you are using Piapro Studio V4X Edition. If not, perhaps try to update the Tiny VOCALOID3 Editor?)

Check File -> Import for importing the VSQx.

Aug 13, 2018
That's strange. I don't know why it would be doing that. Normally when I export, it ends in the same place as the file I imported.
I tried doing some more research and found this thread on UtaForum. There is a plug-in for V4 that will export as VSQ and from there, can be imported into UTAU. There is also an UTAU plug-in to open VSQX files, but I don't have a link to that. You may be able to find it on UtaForum though.
Oh god, not that exporter plug-in. I've given up on that one, it just does not work for some reason. But since I ended up re-downloading UTAU anyway, I might as well try that UTAU plun-in.
Ah, I see. Hm, maybe updating your VOCALOID4 Editor would get you the latest VOCALOID4 Api. Though, if your VOCALOID4 Editor is already up-to-date and you have the latest Api, I'm not sure why Piapro Studio would be saying that. (This is assuming you are using Piapro Studio V4X Edition. If not, perhaps try to update the Tiny VOCALOID3 Editor?)

Check File -> Import for importing the VSQx.
Oh no, it's not up to date, I'll try updating it and see how that works.

EDIT: The UTAU plug-in worked! Thanks to everyone who replied! I'm gonna stop investing Piapro Studio right now since I don't really need it, but if I end up needing help with it in the future I'll make a different thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)