• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V "Koharu Rikka" Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK

KOHARU RIKKA | 小春六花
Koharu Rikka is a new project and character from TOKYO6 Entertainment, a company focused on creating voice synthesis characters. The company's founder, Akasako Ryuichi, is a former member of VOCALOMARKETS that produced VOCALOID and VOICEROID characters Yuzuki Yukari and Kizuna Akari.

TOKYO6's first project was a crowdfunding campaign for their character Koharu Rikka to receive a VOICEROID library. In addition to this, they were interested in creating other content for Rikka including singing synthesis libraries. As a consequence, a final stretch goal was added to her campaign, leading to the creation of a Synthesizer V vocal. In addition to this, the VOICEROID library was changed to CeVIO AI Talk in October 2020.

Who is Koharu Rikka?

Koharu is a 2nd year high school student, 160cm tall, and her birthday is May 16th.

Her profile ends with those 3 facts. TOKYO6 encourages people to make the Koharu Rikka that they want to see. Below in the spoiler I'll include her profile images. Rikka also has a companion animal, a stuffed bear called Lakiston (ラキストン).

What do you think about Rikka? Are you excited for her? I'll update this thread when there's news!

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
HOLY MOLY I was about to go to bed and those exVoice screams sure changed that I was not expecting them rofl

For some reason I find myself particularly interested in her bear. I think it’s because it reminds me of another character but idk for sure

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Updated the thread a bit. While it's not the focus of the crowdfunder, they're making specific mention of wanting to make a singing synthesis library for Rikka, and are mutuals with Kanru Hua, who also liked her announcement tweet. I'll leave the eyes emojis on that one to you guys.

I personally adore her, her design is amazing and I love her voice. Might actually back the crowdfunder.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I like her design. It's pretty simple but I feel that in some way that makes it unique when it comes to voice synth designs? For example in Vocaloid when we got a character who's a school girl, there would always be some way to make the design more "Vocaloid-like" but Rikka's outfit here feels like an everyday outfit. (Well, expect for the shoes maybe, but I do think they and the hoodie give her more personality)

If she ends up as a Synth V, she would be the first Voiceroid + SynthV character which would make her unique when it comes to her singing voice.

...I wonder if other Voiceroid companies that are interested in giving their characters a singing voice might follow and start making SynthV/Voiceroid characters instead of Vocaloid ones... :unsure: We've already seen Kiritan move to a new engine after all, and iirc that was met with a very positive reception.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
What's not mentioned here yet is that AHS is going to do a livestream near the end of the month about this project

I have a question tho. Does her voicer only speak japanese? It would be nice to get some english voicebanks from that project if they're decent quality.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm pretty sure her VP doesn't speak English. I wouldn't expect them to come out with anything English-language for her for a while given that Zunko English on VOICEROID hasn't picked up yet and these are the same people that worked on Yukari but didn't give her an English voice.

Reactions: Exemplar

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Clip of her talking:

At 1:10 they start showing what her exVOICE files will be. Some of the clips are supposed to be aimed at Let's Players (ex: the crazy screaming for horror games).

Her name is like
小春 Koharu = October / winter that starts with warm weather resembling Spring (characters for little + spring)
六花 Rikka = Snow (characters for 6 + flower)

This video...

...says that they will start the crowd funding on May 28th. News will be posted to the Twitter and official website.
This is definitely an ASMR-ish voice bank, it's recorded with a dummy mic.

I skimmed the rewards and the 5,000 yen tier has exclusive dummy mic recordings.
The 30,000 tier contains her Voiceroid and the previous tiers. So for those who want her and the dummy mic recordings, I guess you'll have to pay for this tier of the crowdfunding purchase.

It also says they'll have a birthday event next year. Based on the reward tiers, one can assume that her Voiceroid will be released in Spring 2021.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Oops, I don't think any of us provided sources for this information, so here:
Twitter: TOKYO6 Infomation (@tokyo6info) | Twitter
Official website: TOKYO6 ENTERTAINMENT・小春六花 公式サイト
Crowdfunding info: 【小春六花】新ボイスロイド制作プロジェクト|TOKYO6 ENTERTAINMENT|note

I don't really care for VOICEROIDS but I love her design, it's so simple yet charming and her hairstyle is wonderful. Love it. 10/10 design.
Best of luck to them with this campaign.

Also,
View attachment 3319
Google translate makes it seem like if I donate, I'll get the reward of my birthday changing to May 16th. I never liked my birthdate, so now is my time...
Yeah... that's not what it says at all. This will make it make sense:
プロフィールは高校2年生、身長160センチ。5月16日生まれ。
その3つだけ。(情報公開日の5月16日本日が誕生日になります!)
Her profile is 2nd year high school student, height is 160 cm. Born May 16th.
Just those 3 things. (The day of this information going public is May 16th, so today will be her birthday!)

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Her crowdfunding page is live as of five minutes ago, and she's already more than halfway funded.

They're reacting to it live on AHS' channel, and it's really funny seeing everyone (including Rikka's VP) going "guys..... GUYS........"

edit: And she's done. Literally in 20 minutes... think that's a new record for a new Voiceroid lol

second edit: And the first stretch goal has been reached too... the livestream still isn't even over sdkjfsdnf

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm genuinely blown away. Her crowdfunder is already at 15,400,000 yen, which is 600,000 yen off her FINAL stretch goal. Are they going to have to add extra stretch goals already? Announce the SynthV voicebank early?

Last edited:
Reactions: Twillby

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Just like that, all of her stretch goals have been reached in just two and a half hours. Man.

As a side note, I tried to pledge myself, but both times I tried it said there was an error with my card and it couldn't go through. I guess it doesn't accept overseas cards, which is fair, I half expected it, but preordering her and getting the extra merch would've been nice too...

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Beat me to it! I don't think they'll have any issue hitting it. I wonder what other stretch goals they have planned...

EDIT: They've officially decided that the 5th goal / 4th stretch goal will be a 3D model included with Rikka's VOICEROID. The target is 19,000,000yen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rylitah and Cookiez

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
HAHA oh my gosh. She's cute! I'm not a huge fan of the soft whispery voices like in her talking at the beginning of that sample video, but her screams at the exVoice part were hilarious. She has some power after all! I look forward to seeing her development! I have 0 doubts she'll hit all her goals. Voiceroid fans be wildin :P

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
One of the things they said on the crowdfunding page is that they will add more emotions as they get more funding. So I'm pretty sure at least her angry voice (maybe even her happy voice) will have some oomph to it compared to her soft normal voice.

Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)