• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

[ CeVIO/IA English C ] Engine Noise, Note Extension, and Singer Editor/Parameters?

RandomHouse

New Fan
Aug 16, 2021
I just bought IA English C, but moving over from Vocaloid is less intuitive than moving on to SynthV was. I can't seem to find a detailed handbook or tutorial videos in English, just very very basic instructions. Am I missing something?

I don't know how to edit the singer's voice qualities other than Alpha/Pitch or if it's even possible. In Vocaloid there's a separate editor with breathiness, brightness, clearness, gender, etc.. I don't know how extend notes (the dash phoneme isn't present) and I'd rather not draw one long note and manually lower it with a PIT adjustment.

And I was wondering if anyone knew anything about filtering out CeVio engine noise in post-processing/mixing and where and how broadly CeVIO's engine noise sits on the spectrum.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Apologies for not posting sooner! Yay, retail.

The parameters are located in the top-right corner. There aren't very many: timing (works like Vocaloid's Velocity parameter), Volume (Dynamics), Pitch, Vibrato Amplitude (Vib. Depth), and Vibrato Fortitude (Vib. Frequency). You'll draw the variables directly on the notes.

1629171226311.png

Unfortunately, to extend notes, you DO have to either draw in a pitch bend or enter the note's last phoneme into the next note. And unfortunately, CeVIO's engine noise is... notorious, to say the least. All of my attempts to mix it out have failed, and I've yet to hear a usage of it where it's not present. So it's less something that can be fixed and more something you have to acquire a taste for.

Reactions: WyndReed

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com

Though some parts of this might be a bit outdated, it has a lot of the basics to how the editor works for Japanese and English VBs, descriptions to what each parameter does, along with links to official and fanmade guides to how CeVIO works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)