• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Clyp to switch to fully paid platform effective 12/5

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Copied from email:
What this means is that after December 5, 2020 we are removing the ability to upload new Clyps to free accounts. The current free tier, known as Basic, will become $3/month or $24/year. We will be offering a discount through the end of 2020 where current free users can upgrade to Basic for only $18/year for the first year (subsequent renewals will be billed at full price). Plus and Pro will remain unchanged.

If you currently have a free account, you will still be able to login and listen to anything you’ve uploaded, leave comments, and download your Clyps - the only thing you will not be able to do anymore is upload new content.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Man, I used to like Clyp a lot, even more than Soundcloud. I liked how simple and streamlined it was and used it to upload covers for backup/uploaded alternate mixes and what not there. When they started limiting how much you can do as a free account I dipped because, as much as I did enjoy the service, it wasn't as good and as well known as its competitors to pay for in my opinion. Even though I slightly dislike the UI of Soundcloud more, it is in a lot of ways a more complete and worth paying for website than Clyp.
I doubt this will work out well for them, truthfully.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
when i saw the email this morning and kept reading to "we will be making some major (and likely quite unpopular) changes to the platform" i was like "god i hope theyre not making it pay-for" and yeah. its amazing theyre going straight to no free accounts. i wouldve still used it even if they limited free accounts a bit more, because i namely upload to them when one of my songs is copyright claimed, or just to host little wips/snippets. but theyre no doubt gonna loose a ton of people by getting rid of the ability to post without paying

Reactions: WyndReed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)