• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource Coding Job Plugins for V3/V4

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I'm not really sure whether this should be in general discussions or here, but I thought I'd mention a guide I found a few years ago for coding Lua files specifically for job plugins. It's Google translated and I have no idea where to find the original, so it takes some educated guessing to understand the meaning in a few places, but it works and the syntax they give is correct. Here it is (unfortunately you need to make an account to access it):
As far as I remember (haven't tried to code a plugin in a few years), the syntax for job plugins is slightly different from standard Lua conventions, but if anyone is having trouble with the guide/isn't sure how Lua works you can check its guide here: Programming in Lua (first edition). One thing that's different between Lua and some other coding languages is that it returns two values instead of one (that tripped me up for a while). The first value is a 0 or a 1 for whether or not the program works and the second value (iirc) is the value it feeds back into your main method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)