• Hello Guest, recently a massive leak of e-mails and passwords ocurred on the internet. Please read more in here to see if you have been compromised.
  • Bookmarks are back! Read more in here.

DeepVocal

Tema

Living Katsudon
Apr 8, 2018
(VNN Article summarizing the news in case this OP is too much of a mess I TRIED)

On June 7, Boxstar, the creator of Sharpkey, posted an announcement on Twiitter that his new project DeepVocal was ready for beta, invited people to submit voice introductions if interested in participating, and posted a brief video of a monopitch bank. He has also stated that it has been tested with Mandarin, English, and Japanese.

I also found a demo on Youtube

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I found two other demos, including an English male!

I really like how DeepVocal sounds! I’m quite excited about it

Reactions: Mika and Tema

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
Boxstar finally lives again it is time to celebrate

Anyways, this is what he's been working on for months and is the reason we saw no new Sharpkey releases in forever. DeepVocal is basically the new name for Sharpkey, it just has an updated engine. Actually, most SK VBs (bar Inari, they're working on that) work in DV. All the VBs that were being worked on for Sharpkey will be released for DeepVocal instead, as far as I'm aware, including Rabia (demo) and Chorical's Yu Sheng. The new vocals are Xia Yezi (Japanese), Mo Yu (Japanese) and Wen Xi (English). No clue if Yezi/Mo Yu/Wen Xi will recieve VBs in other languages right now. Hopefully will have something to show that I have been working on in the coming months too, so stay tuned~

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
May 8, 2018
The Other Side
In the English demo, there seems to be some double aliasing going on as we see both X-SAMPA and VCCV being used for the phonemes. That's great honestly because it allows people to transition easier without having to worry about learning a new phonetic system.

Reactions: sangv

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
In the English demo, there seems to be some double aliasing going on as we see both X-SAMPA and VCCV being used for the phonemes. That's great honestly because it allows people to transition easier without having to worry about learning a new phonetic system.
I think it's actually just a quirk of the reclist used, but I'll have to ask the guy about it... Also, it seems to lack things like ai, ei, oi, instead favouring combining the individual vowels themselves. I think it works better thanks to how DeepVocal works, but he's considering adding to the list.

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Lacking dipthongs seems strange to me: they're basically mandatory for natural pronounciation in languages that have them, and unlike certain synths from Spanish/Japanese devs, Chinese actually has dipthongs.

Perhaps the software can recognize when a dipthong is needed?

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
Of course I'm unsure to how it fully works due to currently lacking the development tools, it seems to be the case that the software recognizes when one is needed. Though, adding them as actual aliases/recordings is possible.

Yunīku

I don't know what I'm doing
Apr 8, 2018
The new vocals are Xia Yezi (Japanese), Mo Yu (Japanese) and Wen Xi (English). No clue if Yezi/Mo Yu/Wen Xi will recieve VBs in other languages right now.
Since Xia Yezi is a Chinese synth for Niaoniao/UTAU I think she will probably Chinese & Japanese like Rila.
(Though I don't know for sure eighter)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)