• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Design Revision

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!!
I just wanted some feedback on my UTAUs design; I wanted to try going for a neon vaporwave type aesthetic. Atm I feel like that the "neon" part of the aesthetic isn't really there; I want to keep the design simple but not boring. What I find wrong with it is that, the hoodie is too plain and the color is ugly (but I find that that's the only color that really works? bc I wanted neon pink in the design which I managed to incorporate in her eyes and the inner lining in the boots).
Note: I couldn't express it well in my drawing but the dress and boots are supposed to be shiny leather.

Attachments

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Maybe you could try toning down the pink of the top a little bit, closer to the pink on her eyes? I feel that a tad less bright pink could work better with the black dress. Also you could consider adding more pink on her, like on the hem of the dress, or some detail. Having the same pink colour in some other part of her costume could tie the top more into the overall design. I don't know if it'd work, I'm just suggesting possibilities. Overall I'm a fan of simple designs, so I think it's fine to not clutter your design too much, but I think some more pink details might look good.

• Love
Reactions: cheri

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
Hey! Thank for the suggestions, I tried adding the pink accents, thoughts? (I decided to make her shoes have magenta bottoms but its hard to tell orz)

Attachments

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I have some ideas I want to suggest, but I don't think I can describe it with words, is it okay to draw the ideas on your reference image?

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
OHHH that's a really interesting idea!! I LOVE the big sunglasses, so def keep those no matter what lol. one thing I'd suggest (and this is just my opinion/art style) is that instead of having JUST pink on black, I think if you added like a neon orange element to her it would make the neon part of her aesthetic more distinguished? since you just have it in the eyes & zippers. maybe a different colour, neon purple & blue on black??

whenever I think of vaporwave I picture colourful neon-y-ness with dark colours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but tbh she's lookin hot the way she is already ;P

1584289906484.png one last thing lol!!! what if you cut her sunglasses in half to mimic the half moon style? that'd be fkin awesome :)

Last edited:
  • Love

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Okay, I have 2 files to share. 1 is the edits I did, and the other is the edits my twin did. Not sure if any of these will be helpful for you or not, we went a little crazy and couldn't stop drawing as usual...

Mine:
pomikko1.jpg

Sister's:
pomikko2.jpg

For drawing leather, I just use a normal, 100% opacity round brush and draw a line. Then I take a bigger soft brush with 40%ish opacity and erase one side of the line.

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
oooooo!! I really like the idea of the glasses thank you!! I’ll try that out!!🥺💖

cheri

Mar 10, 2020
Holy sh- fkdkdkdkd that you and your sister did is amazing!! Thank you so much! Thank you for the tips regarding drawing leather too hehe💖
I’d love to build upon what guy guys have done if that’s okay? Just to add on other people’s suggestions but wow I actually love the changes you guys made!! If it’s okay (with credit ofc) may I please use the artwork to send as references to commissioners and such? If not that’s totally fine!

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
You can just call us "uncreepy" (since we're kind of a duo account) or "the uncreepy twins", whichever is fine.

We're curious to see more artwork of your UTAU when you get more in the future. ^^

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)