• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Dynamivox Drive: A safe file hosting service for vocalsynth users

caustic

Vocalsynth.Audio & Vocalsynth.Space Administrator
Official Representative
Mar 7, 2018
www.dynamivox.com
I noticed that a lot of users actually use the services I run so I have decided to make a thread to help people stay up to date!

my.dynamivox.com is a public Nextcloud instance set up specifically for the vocalsynth community. It's goal is to be a trusted place to obtain content from other users and to combat theft.
I started officially running this service in 2017 with unofficial hosting for some users several years prior. At the time it was actually called Vocalsynth Cloud but I changed the name so I can group everything together. You can confidently use the service knowing that no data has ever been lost and everything is constantly backed up.
This site actually replaces the old site, which is now located at cloud.dynamivox.com.
I listened to requests for the old site and chose Nextcloud for it's available features. As Nextcloud is very different from the old site's software, I'll list what's available.
  • Collaborative document editing.
  • Audio, Video, Photo, and Document previews before downloading.
  • Direct file embedding using "Copy Sharing Path" links.
  • Syncing with desktop and mobile using the Nextcloud Clients.
  • Contact/Calendar syncing (using Thunderbird, etc).
  • Unified Login for both DynamiVox Drive and DynamiVox Forum.
  • 8GB of storage, expandable by becoming a Patron.
  • Folder information footer using Readme.md
  • You can also create a basic website on your account using Pico CMS. Websites are easily created using markdown.
  • 10gbps port for fast transfers and no slow downs.

You can access the site at https://my.dynamivox.com. Create your account by clicking "Log in with Dynamivox", this account will also work for the forum.

Hope everyone will find the site useful, please share the site with others to help get the word out!

Note: For the best experience, users of the old site should move their files to the new site. The new site offers much faster transfer speeds and better features. Uploading to that site is disabled but files won't be removed at this time. No guarantees are made that files on the old site will be retained for various reasons.

Last edited:

caustic

Official Representative
Mar 7, 2018
www.dynamivox.com
I'm very sorry for the service outage the past couple days! The authentication server went down and I had to stay up 48, hours to fix it, woops!

But in the meantime I made some changes to allow the site to load much faster. So that's a plus!

Be sure to follow the official Twitter, @Dynamivox_, and Facebook, fb.me/Dynamivox, pages for faster updates. Downtime isn't that often, don't worry!

caustic

Official Representative
Mar 7, 2018
www.dynamivox.com
I found a problem with the login system so I moved everything to a new one. If anyone had a problem making an account they now should be able to without any trouble!
Admittedly, I took a lot longer to find this issue and do something about it than I should have...but it only affected...everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)