• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Eleanor Forte AI announced by Volor

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Glad that Eleanor is finally getting the box she deserves~ I hope everyone will take advantage of the second round pre-order too. If you already pre-ordered you'll be able to upgrade to a physical version so don't worry about that!! (Also, this design is only a placeholder, look forward to the finalised box!)

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Detailed thoughts on her boxart because why not. lIlI box reviews:

Things I like:
I really enjoy styles where the illustration is on top of a colourful graphic shape, like IA's original box. The hint of pastel clouds add to the character and tone of the product.

Big changes:
I think the box would be improved without the greyed-out text in the background, Eleanor's complex design would pop better on simple white.

Her logo looks cramped on top of the illustration. I think moving it down and adjusting the size so it could sit on its own would clean up the composition. This would also allow them to ditch the text outline; outlines are common on vocal synth boxes, but they're a dated style. Outlines mess with the shape and spacing of the font.

me deoutline-ifying all vocal synth logos:
:miki_ani_lili:

Nitpicks:
I think the text formatting on the spine looks better than the left aligned small caps of the front. Also, that's an ampersand (&), not an 'e'! Eleanor and Forte?

Secondly, why the bondage. free her.

Conclusion:
Overall, I think this has the potential to be an above average vocal synth box. The illustration is lively and fills the space nicely, and the colour scheme is pleasant to the eyes.

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Aside from the obvious… I can’t get over that green cloud at the bottom of the circle, which looks like it’s coming from her skirt. It looks like she just ripped a massive fart.

There’s enough negativity in the world as is and I’m normally sick of it, but I can’t help but say: as a mediocre designer who makes business cards and logos for old people who don’t care about aesthetics and design so much as just making sure their product has all the necessary information and isn’t just plain black text, this looks a lot like something I would design. I really do hope they fix it 😭

___

Oct 8, 2019
The illustration is busy and while pretty in of itself, it clashes with the already complex graphic shape...texture-vise...which makes it look pretty tacky in combination with her name being plastered over and over in the background...also is it just me or does it look compressed?

The "&" is pretty nonsensical, hard to read and just makes already busy looking design look even busier for no reason.

Overall, probably the worst voice synth box design I've seen and I love all of it, so so much...her taking a rancid fart as Peachy pointed out is a nice touch...also granted...while objectively pretty bad it would be easy to fix....but I hope they don't cuz I find it very entertaining.

edit:

Those are Eleanor's initials??? Well....just proves how hard it is to read :LOL:

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
It's definitely not the worst boxart I've seen myself (still haunted by the trend of inverted ghosts during V2, remembering how they would hover in the background, staring at you with their lifeless eyes...), although there's a few things I'd change, it didn't jump out to me as ugly when I first saw it. The fandom's not too picky with details, so I'm not surprised about her overall reception being positive so far. With that in mind, I don't think Volor needs to change much, at least for her core audience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)