• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

English Vocaloid Power.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I'm a newbie at mixing, but here's my small advice.

You should learn about compression, it makes a track (whether a vocal or an instrument) more up-in-your-face. Do you have a DAW?

Be careful, though. In my humble opinion, some Engloids (like Oliver, I'm not sure who you own) sometimes sound muffled. If you use compression, it'll make that weird sound louder, so you would have to EQ that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallmeNerdy

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here because I've done it for three years.

Compression is only the beginning. Compression will make the vocals cut through better, but what really helps is a tiny little bit of distortion/saturation.

I highly suggest checking out Softube's Saturation Knob so that you get that little bit of grit to make the vocals actually sound more powerful.

If you can spend more money, definitely look into the Joel Wanasek BusGlue series. You can't buy the individual plugins alone, but if you buy the whole set, it'll really help with not only the vocals but also the instruments if you're also doing instrumentals.

The Vocals plugin from the Joel Wanasek BusGlue series from Joey Sturgis Tones in particular not only compresses the vocals for you to make it mix-ready, you can also increase the Tone and/or Aggro knobs to give it that little bit of distortion to make the Vocaloid sound punchier.

You also have the Gain Reduction plugin from the same company. Just slap it on and the vocals already cut through. I don't know why they don't sell the original version anymore but the Deluxe version sells for $65.

WintermintP

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)