• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite Vocal Synth Albums

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I’ve seen people throughout the fandom talk about their favorite vocal synth songs, but I’m curious if anyone here has a favorite album. I didn’t see a thread for it, so I figured I’d make one since it’d be fun to discuss.

My favorites (purely counting the ones I own) are:
Pandora Voxx by Kemu (This album is my favorite. On an Empty Morning/On a Morning of Nothing is my favorite track and I really wish there an instrumental for it)
Cynicism by Neru
Story Teller by Oster Project
Finding Neverland by Nem
Protoplan by Nuyuri
On the Eighth Day, Before the Rain Stops by Suzumu (?)

Their album-only tracks are really fun to listen to (Time Machine and Thunderhead and I Want You To Like Me especially), and even the instrumental-only tracks are great (Buzzing is so fun). I also love the fact that Our Policy of Retaliation is in 5/4 (3+2). Most importantly, there's no track on here that gets annoying if I repeatedly shuffle the album. I love songs that have some sort of variation within them, whether that be in dynamics, texture, tempo, or structure, and this album's songs fit that perfectly while still giving the album a cohesive sound.

As for albums that I don't own, my favorites are:
Cupid Power by Ml8K
Coin Locker Baby by MARETU
Kikuo Miku 5 by Kikuo
RITA by Loin
ABnormal Legacy by Nanahoshi Orchestra
FUNERAL by Mer
Eureka by Tohma
Jigokugata Ningen Doubutsuen (It's a concept album by a bunch of producers. I don't love the concept of the album, but the music sounds really good and I love the variety and tuning, so in terms of music alone it gets to be on here)

I know I'm forgetting a ton of awesome albums as I'm writing this (like the ones by Kurosawa Madoka and Lunachu, and Unhappy Refrain), so what are your favorite vocal synth albums?

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Moksha is my personal favorite! It premiered so many of my favorites from UtsuP: Corona, This is a Love Song, Allegra, Pure White Poison, Black Hole Artist. This was also the last of his major albums to feature his earlier, more raw sound, with Warufuzake featuring more heavily polished songs (which are still great, don't get me wrong! But the raw tone had more umph to it I think). My dream is to one day own a physical copy!

1626756397140.png

Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I tend to listen to....very specific producers so I guess my favorite albums are Lucid (Deluxe), 715, Spectrum (Circus P), This Sound (PLAMA) Unhappy Refrain (Wowaka) and Android Girl (Deco*27)

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Unhappy Refrain (wowaka)
715 (Circus-P)
The Introduction (kira)
I bet some kikuo albums would be on my list too if he actually gave them like...names so I could tell them apart, I have a very hard time remembering whats on "kikuoworld2" and "kikuomiku76"

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
For some reason one that sticks with me is actually a compilation album— Monocolor Girl Supernova. I love each and every track.

As far as albums from individual producers, I would have to say that siinamota’s albums resonate with me in a way literally no other music has. Been listening to them since I was a kid and still come back to them. They are wonderful.

Aside from that, tsumiki’s SAKKAC CRAFT has been in rotation a lot recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)