• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favourite Japanese Dramas?

empressdonna

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Scotland, UK
For those that enjoy Japanese Dramas, what would you say your favourites are?

Out of my own personal list, I'd have to say Hana Yori Dango and Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku are my current favs.

This was honestly one of the 4 dramas I first saw and because of that, it always holds a special place in my heart.

One thing that kept me watching was the story - I didn't see the anime or read the manga adaptation, so I didn't know anything about it before hand and honestly? I loved every minute of it! Especially the insert songs that played through the episodes because everytime they would make me cry, no exceptions haha.

It's just a really important drama to me and something I like to rewatch both seasons and the film for every now and then.

The whole idea of a private detective that has her memories reset every day and how she deals with it was something that really appealed to me when I started this drama.

I loved the relationship between her and Yakusuke as he slowly becomes her Watson. It's just so touching and throughout I was hoping they would become a couple since they just seemed so good together!

The last episode where she has been living with someone pretending to have been engaged to her in the past and this guy ends up promising her to do things 'tomorrow' like get a kitten and she gets her hopes up, writes a note on her arm and this guy wipes the notes off her is just urgh >.<... I hated that guy and felt so sorry for Kyoko :(.

empressdonna

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Scotland, UK
I hope we get more recommendations as well since I'd love to try out more dramas :).

Even if it is just a short drama like 3 episodes or something, I'd happily watch it :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)