• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

From Piapro to Vocaloid 5 editor

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
I've nearly only used Piaopro Studio until now. In Piapro there is a setting for automatic vibrato for long notes, and a couple of other settings for all notes. I've always used this.
Now, when I use vocaloid 5, there is no vibrato unless i put it in manually (a far as I can tell - that's true, right?).
So I've found this solution: I start with my track in Piapro with a Vocaloid 4 singer, export a vsqx file, import this in Vocaloid 5, and I have vibrato on all long notes, and If I want to use a Vocaloid 5 singer I can just change it and I still have my vibrato. And now I'm free to finetune in Vocaloid 5.

Reactions: PigeonP

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
Just to clarify: When using VO 5 voices there are vibrato and other things on the default voice (I just realised that). But - when I use a VO 4 voice like Miku V4 or VY1V4 it has no vibrato at all when you put it in. So that's why I wanted to use Piapro for that.
I have the small VO 5 version with only 4 VO 5 voices - I wonder if the large version adds some vibrato as default when you use VY1 or cyber songman?

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
Thank you PigeonP
Yes, I know you can do it on each note individually, like you show here, and of course this is better - if you have the time - than the automatic way that Piapro does it.

But I like the way that Piapro can put vibrato on all notes longer than for example 1 quater.note. This gives me a fast way to hear a reasonable version of the song. I don't work by inputting a song note by note, I play the song with a piano-sample, export it as a midi and import it into Piapro (or VO 5). There might be many, many notes in the song - and Piapro immidiately inserts reasonable vibrato on all notes longer than 1/4. After that I might fine-tune it here and there.

PigeonP

Pidgerino
Thank you PigeonP
Yes, I know you can do it on each note individually, like you show here, and of course this is better - if you have the time - than the automatic way that Piapro does it.

But I like the way that Piapro can put vibrato on all notes longer than for example 1 quater.note. This gives me a fast way to hear a reasonable version of the song. I don't work by inputting a song note by note, I play the song with a piano-sample, export it as a midi and import it into Piapro (or VO 5). There might be many, many notes in the song - and Piapro immidiately inserts reasonable vibrato on all notes longer than 1/4. After that I might fine-tune it here and there.
It's a sad omission from VOCALOID5, the first editor to omit this function. I draw my vibrato by hand in pitch-dynamics-gender, so I'm not used to being able to use those for notes unless they're longer than 4 beats. Beyond showing you where it is and how to manipulate it, I can't make it so all notes of a predetermined length have vibrato. I can't add that function to VOCALOID5.

The closest way to do it here is to select the desired notes by hand and then apply the vibrato. You can add any attack/decay to all notes selected at once.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
The closest way to do it here is to select the desired notes by hand and then apply the vibrato. You can add any attack/decay to all notes selected at once.
I didn't know we could do that, thanks! I'll have to try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)