• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

ftalo's Vocaloid, Utau & SynthV Covers

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This sounds so nice!! You did a great job with her :D
I'd never heard this song before. It's quite pretty!

• Love
Reactions: ftalo.

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
This sounds so nice!! You did a great job with her :D
I'd never heard this song before. It's quite pretty!
I am glad to hear that you found my cover good! I was very concerned that it would be bad because I am still really a beginner when it comes to English vocaloids :DD

• Love
Reactions: Leon

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
AAAAA!!!! i can't believe i didn't see this earlier :O

first of all, i lovelovelove dodie so i nearly fell out of my chair when i saw my FAVOURITE VOCALOID singing a DODIE SONG !??!@?! hhHHHhhH

fangirling aside, you did a damn good job with avanna. your tuning is so emotional!! seriously i wouldn't even have guessed you were new to engloids. ugh this is making me want to pull out vocaloid again...!! bcos avanna and luka eng are getting tired waiting :(

i have to ask, are you a dodie fan too?

• Love

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
AAAAA!!!! i can't believe i didn't see this earlier :O

first of all, i lovelovelove dodie so i nearly fell out of my chair when i saw my FAVOURITE VOCALOID singing a DODIE SONG !??!@?! hhHHHhhH

fangirling aside, you did a damn good job with avanna. your tuning is so emotional!! seriously i wouldn't even have guessed you were new to engloids. ugh this is making me want to pull out vocaloid again...!! bcos avanna and luka eng are getting tired waiting :(

i have to ask, are you a dodie fan too?
Omg thank you very muchh :DD I am quite new to tuning Engloids but I haven't had a long time of experience. (because every time I tune an English vocaloid I want to give up because of my nitpickiness of different phonemes and expressions). You should try to tune avanna and Luka English!

I don't know though if I can call myself a Dodie fan since I don't really listen to her new albums, but yo I am a fan of her voice it's so special and unique to any other artists

Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
oh i know a lil thing about nitpicky-ness. being able to have a number of different phonemes to mix around is what makes engloid tuning so fun, and time consuming if your indecisive like me. with a lot of engloid users whose native language IS English, they're probably more picky about how it sounds because they speak the language and want it to sound as close or authentic to they're specific accent. so we spend hours trying to get an engloid to sound like we do :< and i mean, it's fun for the first 2 hours...?

however it's NOT fun when the Q phoneme sounds like the V phoneme. i am looking straight at Luka on this one. 👀

• Haha

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
oh i know a lil thing about nitpicky-ness. being able to have a number of different phonemes to mix around is what makes engloid tuning so fun, and time consuming if your indecisive like me. with a lot of engloid users whose native language IS English, they're probably more picky about how it sounds because they speak the language and want it to sound as close or authentic to they're specific accent. so we spend hours trying to get an engloid to sound like we do :< and i mean, it's fun for the first 2 hours...?

however it's NOT fun when the Q phoneme sounds like the V phoneme. i am looking straight at Luka on this one. 👀
Yes, having a plethora (although a limited one) of phonemes to choose from is something that makes engloid tuning quite cool and special because as for Avanna, you can mix two "a" vowel sounds in a box to form a mix of the two pronunciations. My native language isn't English but I seem to know my way around the different phonemes since I can imitate their accent from like 80 to 99% of the time...

You're right about Luka though, and the thing I HATE about Japanese Engloids are their vowels being rhotic (r coloured) but aren't meant to be grrr

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Yes, having a plethora (although a limited one) of phonemes to choose from is something that makes engloid tuning quite cool and special because as for Avanna, you can mix two "a" vowel sounds in a box to form a mix of the two pronunciations. My native language isn't English but I seem to know my way around the different phonemes since I can imitate their accent from like 80 to 99% of the time...

You're right about Luka though, and the thing I HATE about Japanese Engloids are their vowels being rhotic (r coloured) but aren't meant to be grrr
Japanese engloids can be a bit of a pain to work with, i specifically bought Luka because i've always liked the sound of her voice but KNEW she would be trouble when it comes to english >_> I still end up using Avanna more anyways because she's like a cakewalk to use compared to Luka Eng lmao. Daina's also pretty easy to work with-- i mean easy to get coherent english out of atleast.

ftalo.

Aspiring Fan
Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Japanese engloids can be a bit of a pain to work with, i specifically bought Luka because i've always liked the sound of her voice but KNEW she would be trouble when it comes to english >_> I still end up using Avanna more anyways because she's like a cakewalk to use compared to Luka Eng lmao. Daina's also pretty easy to work with-- i mean easy to get coherent english out of atleast.
Yes you're right, and because Yuu Asakawa is much more fluent in English than any other Japanese voice provider, it is assumed that her English voicebank would be easier to tune and phonate, but she said nah like any other jpn Engloids. We are also alike of using Avanna because using her is not a pain like other Engloids out there talking about cryptonloids grr

As far as I can tell comparing the two vocaloids Zero-G produced, Daina doesn't sound good compared to Dex, which sounds much more I'm talking night and day difference realistic AND fluid in terms of samples. I don't know what they did with Daina but I just don't like it, her voice sounds very weak and unflattering to me :((

You should listen to GiantOrigami's covers of Dex on YouTube, which sounds super impressive and realistic that I was like "bro can u pls not I'm trying my best here"

Last edited:

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
oh i completely agree about the whole dex > daina thing. i kinda bought daina on a whim when she came out bcos i heard some (good-ish, lol) covers of her, mostly just excited another engloid came out. not my best money splurge :)

dex has been close to #1 on my list for which vocaloid to buy next. the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that i've slowly moved on from vocaloid to UTAU. (the only reason i still come back to vocaloid is when i wanna tune some english. i have 4 vocaloids, all engloids haha. and UTAU english is 🤢)

just checked out GiantOrigami's dex covers and holy sh*t :( what??!@!?@ i can't believe i haven't seen any of these. that's some godly tuning. too bad they only have 3 of them :/// goshhh this makes me want to use vocaloid again so bad

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)