• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Hatsune Miku Appointed Japanese "Corona Countermeasure Supporter"

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
CFM has released information about Miku being named "Corona Countermeasure Supporter." This seems to be a government-recognized position, with a commission letter from Yasutoshi Nishimura, Minister for Economic Recovery. Her job (or rather CFM's job, through her) will be to work with the government to develop COVID awareness activities and deepen knowledge/understanding of the virus.

Here is the tweet, and the announcement post from CFM.

The post also shares information about the COVID "risk notification system" that CFM developed and released in May of this year as a free, open-source project. The system is currently being used by the governments of several Japanese areas, including Hokkaido.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I found out that Pepper is also working as a supporter just like Miku. (If you look at Pepper's Twitter, an army of them have been performing at baseball games because of there being no audience.)

The role will be from Sep 9 ~ March 31st for Miku and Pepper.

Edit: Forgot to add that they probably are doing this job because they are technology and can't get sick.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I found out that Pepper is also working as a supporter just like Miku. (If you look at Pepper's Twitter, an army of them have been performing at baseball games because of there being no audience.)
Yep, I saw a retweet with an announcement from Minister Nishimura. There are 8 other "Corona Countermeasure Supporters" along with Miku. Per the ministry's page on the subject, they include people/personas from a pretty wide variety of fields, including healthcare, sports, robotics, business, and some others with which I'm unfortunately not familiar. Here's a list from that page (edited for format); in parentheses is the company/organization from which the person hails.

Andres Iniesta (VISSEL KOBE)

Nao Kodaira (Aizawa Hospital)

Tomoyuki Sugano (Yomiuri Giants)

Masataka Nashida (Pro baseball commentator)

Takeshi Niinami (Suntory Holdings)

Kiyoshi Nishikawa (Yoshimoto Kogyo)

Hatsune Miku (Crypton Future Media)

Pepper (SoftBank Robotics)

Hiroshi Mikitani (Rakuten)

Here are the original tweets:

It's great to see that such a broad variety of people are part of this. It was kind of fun to see Pepper included also, since we've discussed Pepper elsewhere on VVN!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
A message from Miku in her capacity as one of the "Corona Countermeasure Supporters" has been added to the ministry's website.

You can see messages from the other Corona Countermeasure Supporters also. Even Pepper has one!

I can't help thinking it's interesting/cool how subtitling and language has been handled. Andres Iniesta, the first Corona Countermeasure Supporter on the page, gives his remarks in Spanish with Japanese subtitles, maybe as a nod to his native culture (Just a guess that he might be a foreign athlete currently in Japan; I don't actually know.). Miku gives her remarks in Japanese with English subtitles. The others are subtitled in Japanese or have no subtitles at all. I mean nothing negative toward any of them, but Andres and Miku get some respect from me for (appropriate) pride in their native culture or being cognizant of a broader audience. (Of course, thinking about it further, I also don't know if Mr. Iniesta speaks Japanese. So I have to acknowledge that possibility also.)

Here's Miku's message itself:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
In Miku's continuing role as "Corona Countermeasure Supporter," the ministry seems to have asked for a way to spread knowledge about 5 "scenes" where the chance of infection is highest, and CFM has provided a sharable poster to be used as part of the awareness effort. You can see the new poster in the tweet below, or on the ministry page, along with a bunch of other more detailed information about the scenes (in Japanese, of course...so the below is obviously the best I could make out with machine translation/isn't intended to be complete--the original is way too much info for that).

The 5 "scenes" where infection is greatest seem to be
  1. Social situations with drinking, etc.
  2. Eating/drinking with many people for a long time
  3. Taking without a mask
  4. Communal living in a small space (So, I guess like in the spaces you share with others in your home, like bathrooms, etc.)
  5. When going to places you might use to take a break from work, like break rooms/smoking areas/changing rooms
The ministry page also had a bunch of info about avoiding infection while dining together, like about choosing eating establishments that follow the Corona control guidelines, sitting diagonally opposite each other rather than to the front/sides, not sharing cups/chopsticks, etc.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It looks like the Corona Countermeasure group/the ministry is asking people to share on social media the things that they want to remain safe for. So, e.g., people say they want to remain safe for the sake of their friends, or for the fun times they'll have with their family in the future, and they take a picture representing that idea and share it on SNS/Twitter. You can see the page for this effort here, including some of the things people have said they want to stay safe for.

Miku/CFM has produced the poster for the effort below. It has some pretty artwork!

If machine translation is to be believed, the main pink text says something like "Also for everyone--I can see everyone's smiling face again." The bottom lists 5 "scenes" in which people should be careful about getting infected--the Corona Countermeasure group is making an ongoing effort to promote awareness of those situations to try to keep people healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)