• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Logic Paint

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Crypton Future Media has announced a new smartphone puzzle game that releases March 6th (and internationally available & in English it seems!)

Google Play link:

Hatsune Miku puzzle game is here!

Includes difficulty levels from LV1 to LV3 and special stages!
When you clear the stage, you will get illustrations of Hatsune Miku!

Clear many stages and collect gorgeous illustrations! !

* Please be assured that there is no additional charge after purchasing the app.

<< What is mikurogi? 》
Fill the squares using the numbers on the left and top as tips to complete the illustration!
If you do not fill the area, add an “X” to prevent mistakes!

"Characteristic"
-Difficulty can be selected according to the size of the stage square,
You can enjoy from beginner to advanced!

-Includes more than 150 illustrations for all 225 stages!

-Equipped with a special function to operate puzzles with one hand!
Let's change the operation method from the options and experience it!

-Equipped with suspend function on all stages!

-Equipped with hint function! Use hints for difficult problems!

-If you clear with no mistakes and no hints, you can get a "star"!
Collect many "stars" on various stages and show off to your friends!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
So, I downloaded the app and my first impression is that it's all right for passing time, but I'm not very impressed. I'm not sure if it was worth paying for, it's so simple.

The goal is to clear the level by uncovering a shape on the grid. The numbers indicate how many tiles there are in the row (X means empty). It's possible to just sweep and tap the tiles randomly and clearing the level that way, but getting a full score (3 stars) require a bit of thought.
Screenshot_20200306-104925_MIKULOGI.jpg
In the above level, the shape was a note
Screenshot_20200306-105007_MIKULOGI.jpg

For each game cleared you unlock an illustration in the gallery:
Screenshot_20200306-105021_MIKULOGI.jpg
Screenshot_20200306-105028_MIKULOGI.jpg
Sadly the app has no built-in say to export the art to your phone's gallery or anything (or I'm just being dumb and can't see a way)

Overall I'd say it'd work as a free to play game, not entirely sure if it's worth paying for. The price isn't high though, and there's a lot of playing to do if you want to unlock all illustrations, and trying to clear a level with a full score is challenging enough on the higher difficulty levels.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
What does the second row of numbers mean? I assume 51 and 34 must be 5, 1 and 3, 4--but what does each number correspond to?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The numbers correspond to how many tiles there are on that row. 5 = five tiles next to each other on that row are not empty. If there's 2 or more numbers for one row, like 5 1, it means there's a row of five "painted" tiles next to each other and one tile on it's own (separated from the five tiles by one or more empty squares).
Somehow I'm having a difficult time explaining how it works.

Here's some screenshots of the app's how to play guide, but it's quite vague too
Screenshot_20200307-204323_MIKULOGI.jpgScreenshot_20200307-204332_MIKULOGI.jpg

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Yeah, I was wondering if they would let you get access to the images for wallpapers/whatever use you liked. Purely from the screenshots, if it's not under the gear in the upper right corner somewhere, I'd assume they probably didn't provide an export function for the sake of licensing-type issues.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I gave this app a try. I agree, the puzzles aren't the most difficult, especially on the easiest level. The game definitely gives you a ton of help by automatically adjusting the board based on your input--which seems only like the way the app OUGHT to work, but really does help. Honestly, I don't feel bad about paying the price for it, though. Sometimes it's fun to just tear through easy puzzles and get rewarded with pretty pictures.

I'll bet the harder puzzles could get difficult, though. For those, I wish there were some way to sketch your moves prior to actually committing them--otherwise you have to do the whole thing in your head prior to doing anything if you want to avoid mistakes.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
This is really cute! Like Miku Picross. It’s pretty cheap, I’ve played free picross that wanted a lot more to unlock content/remove ads.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I‘ve played it a bit, and there‘s far more and different puzzles than in the mobile version.
The mobile game was basically a standard Logi game with generic pictures as puzzles that had a Miku color scheme and unlockable illustrations glued onto it. The switch version feels much more refined with more puzzles that probably become more difficult than in the mobile version. They‘re also custom-made and Vocaloid/music themed. The visuals improved as well, with little animated characters, animated backgrounds and a better UI.

The only caveat is that in addition to the right/wrong feedback and automatic row filling from the mobile version, the individual numbers of a row now get grayed out when you have completed that section.
So, for example, if you have. A row of 1 2 2 and only one 2 section filled in, it will basically tell you which of the two that is.
I‘m doing my best to ignore it, and the game is pretty fun nonetheless

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I've noticed that some of the numbers on the sides are colored green. It could be when the number occurs with other numbers in the row/column or alone. I thought maybe it had to do with if the colored squares ran up to the side, but that doesn't seem to be it. What do the green numbers mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)