• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsunia: imagining a more futuristic Japan-like country (with Miku as a major cultural icon)

mikusingularity

Science and Futurism with Hatsune Miku
Jan 21, 2020
I saw "Moeji" chocolate bars in KEI's "unofficial" Miku manga, so I thought that was the perfect name for Hatsunia's Meiji equivalent.

Also, Hatsunia is intended to be a more benevolent antithesis to Imperial Japan's brutality and oppressiveness, so it is part of the Mutual East Asian Cooperation Union (a genuine "co-prosperity sphere"). They have a cultural expo every year.

• Love
Reactions: Jisenku

mikusingularity

Science and Futurism with Hatsune Miku
Jan 21, 2020
It's not that I'm not a Vocaloid fan, but I'm missing a lot of the easter eggs ;~;

Like is Fukaya a reference to Fukase or what?
I didn't want to make Hatsunia only about Miku/Vocaloid (and I'm not really familiar with other Vocaloids to be honest). Fukaya is a reference to a city with a negi-themed mascot.

Yonago and some other prefectures are also references. And Yonago City had a collab with Miku, too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jisenku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)