• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Help me, Cendrillon.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
It clips a lot so it's kinda hard to help you out. How'd you render this? A cleaner sounding version would help a lot.

For a general, I think dynamics and brightness is a huge thing for this song. MIKU BEING A HIGHER VOICE, I'd give her more power and brightness thr higher she goes, and get quieter and lighter the lower she goes, as that's how a natural high singer would sound and is trained (being one myself). I'm not as good with male voices but I imagine Kaito would be the same

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

summers50

01010011 00110101 00110000
Apr 9, 2018
MA, USA
It clips a lot so it's kinda hard to help you out. How'd you render this? A cleaner sounding version would help a lot.
The clipping sounds like the distortion from playing more than one voice at the same time in the editor, I think. My way to relieve the problem was to export them separately and reimport the mp3s into the song and have the DAW blend them together, instead of the easy-to-overload editor.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
For Kaito you can put some Gender Factor and few other stuffs to him. I use (GEN: 10, CLR:45, BRI: 44, BRE: -25) on his Straight voicebank for some little power. Have you tried using his soft voicebank to go with Miku...sweet? Is it sweet you are using? :ia_lili:

*Continues listening to you WIP*
Ah, this song...nice. One of my favorite Kaito x Miku original duet songs. :iroha_lili:

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
For Kaito you can put some Gender Factor and few other stuffs to him. I use (GEN: 10, CLR:45, BRI: 44, BRE: -25) on his Straight voicebank for some little power. Have you tried using his soft voicebank to go with Miku...sweet? Is it sweet you are using? :ia_lili:

*Continues listening to you WIP*
Ah, this song...nice. One of my favorite Kaito x Miku original duet songs. :iroha_lili:
Haha, does it sound like that? I used Original for Miku with a bit of parameter editing. But I'll try adding the parameters and see if it goes. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Haha, does it sound like that? I used Original for Miku with a bit of parameter editing. But I'll try KAITO Soft and see if it goes. Thank you!
Oh, it was Original. It sounded soft and sweet in a way. :clara_lili:
If you use Kaito soft you can also put some GEN factor to him -- Like 5 if you like. (^_^)/
You know, each time I read the Topic name I keep reading it as Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi. :clara_lili:

Last edited:

WintermintP

Lead Guitar, One Minute Winter
Quick question, does anyone know any good VST plugins? Like reverb and such.
EpicVerb by Variety of Sounds. Free plugin if you want to go that route. Probably a better idea to get an impulse-based reverb plugin and go with 3 Sigma Audio reverb IRs.

Also, hearing the original, Kaito is WAAAAY highpassed and his volume is lowered by a ton. I'm also hearing some panning in the original. Miku is panned to the left while Kaito is panned to the right. Pan them far enough so that the dissonance goes away. Bring the GEN factor down a notch on Kaito and do some EQ work on both to get rid of masking problems.

WintermintP

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)