• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Help!! :o / in need of an Utau mentor/friends

GhwstK

New Fan
May 26, 2023
(jus gonna copypaste wut i said from 5 diff communities that ive tried to ask for help...)

but haii hellow i am lookin for either an utau mentor or just utau friends/help with this utau issue,,, i jus tried reddit and sumone suggested discord servers to help ., ive been doing utau/creating utaus since july2022/august2022 :o,, i am not too much of a pro but i am slightly good until it comes to cover making...and possibly otoing other banks that arent CV... and maybe CVVC. i know this problem may be an oto.ini issue but i am still unsure as i dont have much experience in VCV . the problem is that when i load or render the notes it pauses on the specific one and then my utau crashes..

Attachments

Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

GhwstK

New Fan
May 26, 2023
Hi K!
Do you have a screenshot of the oto line for "i す" as well?
sorry if the picture looks wonky but this is how it looks... i kinda took the oto off another oto.ini so maybe thats the issue since i could use moresampler to oto my bank but the aliaing is the scary part lol!IMG_8277.jpeg

GhwstK

New Fan
May 26, 2023
One issue that I already see is that the red line (the preutterance) is after the cutoff, which means that it won't be played in Utau at all. Likewise, there is no gap between the pink region and the blue region (which moresampler especially doesn't like)
ohhh?,, i thought that was norma because someone told it was..

Reactions: PearlStarLight5

AddictiveCUL (Add)

CUL addicted!
Jan 6, 2023
youtube.com
ohhh?,, i thought that was norma because someone told it was..
Well, Pearl already helped you, but just to explain it a little bit more:

There are 5 Oto.ini parameters.

Preutturance - Also known as "the red bar", everything that is before the preutturance will start to sound before the note itself.
Overlap - Also known as "the green bar", works as a blendind of the note and the end of the note before it.
Consonant - Also known as "the pink area", everything inside the consonant area will not be affected by resamplers. There are two types of resamplers: the stretch and the loop ones (I guess it exists more, but I don't remember them since these two types are the most famous.
Cutof - Also known as "the blue area at the start of your sample", everything inside it will not be reproduced by the program.
Offset - Also known as "the blue area at the end of your sample", works the same way as cutof

Utau resamplers will reproduce only the consonant and the white area you left between the note and the offset.

If you don't left any white area utau will be forced to reproduce only the consonant area, but the consonant area aren't affected by resamplers, in other words, the pink area won't be stretched or looped once your sample is totally reproduced.

That's what made your utau bug, there was no white area with vowel, so your utau resampler were trying to stretch your sample to fit the note's size, but since there were no stretchable area (white area) your utau bugged. Understood?

Btw, here's a pretty great tutorial about VCV otoing.

GhwstK

New Fan
May 26, 2023
Well, Pearl already helped you, but just to explain it a little bit more:

There are 5 Oto.ini parameters.

Preutturance - Also known as "the red bar", everything that is before the preutturance will start to sound before the note itself.
Overlap - Also known as "the green bar", works as a blendind of the note and the end of the note before it.
Consonant - Also known as "the pink area", everything inside the consonant area will not be affected by resamplers. There are two types of resamplers: the stretch and the loop ones (I guess it exists more, but I don't remember them since these two types are the most famous.
Cutof - Also known as "the blue area at the start of your sample", everything inside it will not be reproduced by the program.
Offset - Also known as "the blue area at the end of your sample", works the same way as cutof

Utau resamplers will reproduce only the consonant and the white area you left between the note and the offset.

If you don't left any white area utau will be forced to reproduce only the consonant area, but the consonant area aren't affected by resamplers, in other words, the pink area won't be stretched or looped once your sample is totally reproduced.

That's what made your utau bug, there was no white area with vowel, so your utau resampler were trying to stretch your sample to fit the note's size, but since there were no stretchable area (white area) your utau bugged. Understood?

Btw, here's a pretty great tutorial about VCV otoing.

ouuu okay okay i see :0 thank u so much.

Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)