• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How do I use V5 in a DAW?

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
V5 doesn't show up as one of the available instruments in Studio One. I have the add-on for unlimited VST usage.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I do not own Vocaloid, but I'll try my best ot see if I can be of any help

Firstly, this FAQ question in particular addresses an issue using Vocaloid5 Standalone and VSTi versions. It's a bit unclear to me, but it can be interpreted as do not have both running simultaneously, or, and I am unaware if it's an option, do not have both versions activated.

As a general, make sure you have the VSTi located for Studio One to be able to find it. You can do this in your settings to see which folders Studio One is searching for VSTis in. Normally. Studio One searches for VSTs in the VSTPlugins folders in Program Files if you are using Windows. If the .dll for V5 is not in the folder, you can look for it and either tell Studio One to search for VSTs in that specific folder, or you can move the .dll to the VSTPlugins folder.

Also make sure that you are only using the 64bit version of Studio One and that you are putting the .dll in the 64bit VSTPlugins folder (Your PC/Computer > Program Files > VSTPlugins). Vocaloid5 is only compatible on 64bit systems and software, so if you are using the 32bit version of Studio One then you hae to install theh 64bit version (it is labeled as Studio One x64)

Those are a few possible solutions I could think of, I hope they were of any help to you. I'm sure someone who actually owns V5 could be of more help though. But maybe try those things or look around Vocaloid5's FAQ.

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Slight problem: I don't see any VST or VSTi anywhere.

EDIT: I found it under Instruments under ReWire.

EDIT 2: It doesn't work.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I think your problem is the same as mine (I have the Pro ver, though).

The yellow VOCALOID5 "button" in Studio One isn't the real one. You have to get the .dll file and tell Studio One where it is.
Go to C: drive > Program Files > Common Files > VST2 > "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll", that is the file that will actually make it work.

In Studio One, go to Options on the menu bar on top > Locations > VST Plug-Ins.
Under Locations should be something like "C:/Program Files\Vstplugins" as reference, I guess. You have to add the location of "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll" to the list. Click "Add" and show it where it is (warning: when you go to the VST2 folder, just click "Select Folder", because it will appear to be empty but actually isn't. Click OK to close out options.

Start up a new file, and underneath the yellow VOCALOID5 instrument will now be a grey VOCALOID5 VSTi which works.

I can provide screen shots if necessary.

Reactions: mobius017

Caprice

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018

The yellow VOCALOID5 "button" in Studio One isn't the real one. You have to get the .dll file and tell Studio One where it is.
Go to C: drive > Program Files > Common Files > VST2 > "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll", that is the file that will actually make it work.

Under Locations should be something like "C:/Program Files\Vstplugins" as reference, I guess. You have to add the location of "VOCALOID5 VSTi.dll" to the list. Click "Add" and show it where it is (warning: when you go to the VST2 folder, just click "Select Folder", because it will appear to be empty but actually isn't. Click OK to close out options.

Start up a new file, and underneath the yellow VOCALOID5 instrument will now be a grey VOCALOID5 VSTi which works.

It worked! Thank you!

Reactions: uncreepy

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

@uncreepy Thanks so much for this. I had the same problem, and your post saved me a real headache.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)