• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

how to carry words in Synth V

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
not sure im describing it right in the title but ya know like in vocaloid

you have the word "baby" and you want it to carry the "by" into the next note you would enter "baby -" in lyrics? what do i type to do this in Synth V? i tried - but it doesnt always work right.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Weird, I tested out "baby" with "-" at the end, but for some reason, she only says "bay". Maybe there's something wrong with certain long phoneme combinations? I might try asking about it on the Synth V forum, cause I also tried it out with "juice" "-" but the "ce" part was barely audible.

I right clicked each note > "Convert to phonemes" in order to break the word apart into 2 syllables so "-" could work properly:

1548760665771.png

Kind of related, but I made a Synth V English phoneme chart if you want to take a look:
Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
Weird, I tested out "baby" with "-" at the end, but for some reason, she only says "bay". Maybe there's something wrong with certain long phoneme combinations? I might try asking about it on the Synth V forum, cause I also tried it out with "juice" "-" but the "ce" part was barely audible.

I right clicked each note > "Convert to phonemes" in order to break the word apart into 2 syllables so "-" could work properly:

View attachment 1802

Kind of related, but I made a Synth V English phoneme chart if you want to take a look:
Synthesizer V Discussion Thread
ACTUALLy i figured it out myself last night :'D

for a word that has multiple syllables, you use "+" and "-" for carrying a one syllable word
lets say you want "baby" to be "bay" "ay" "by" through three notes, the first syllable being carried to the second note- you do this:
[baby] [-] [+]

if you have a word like "telephone" for three notes, you would put [telephone] [+] [+]

hope that helps others!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)