• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How to make UTAU sings clearly?

airee

New Fan
Apr 4, 2020
So uhh.. How to make the UTAU sing clearly?? I do tuning for my next cover but it didn't spell the consonant?? (It just sounds like a, i, u, e, o) I used Mawarine Shuu's vb and kinda confused cuz sometimes his sounds like whispering(?) but i want his voice to be clear and (kinda) loud.. Do you have any tips and tricks for it??

Also it would be nice if you have any another tips and tricks for UTAU and share it here :D

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Are the notes in VCV? I had this same issue yesterday until I realised he was a VCV bank (You can use the lyric diphonizer plugin to convert CV to VCV)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
could you send a screenshot of the problem? That would be super helpful :mirai_ani_lili:

Since he's just singing vowels it makes me think this is a preutterance/overlap or envelope issue...?? Honestly that'd be my first guess but since no screenshot it's a wild one haha Try selecting all the notes, hit reset envelope button, and p2p3 (or p2p4). Then while all the note are still selected right click and go to properties, and make sure the preutterance and overlap are white and not greyed out. If they're grey double click inside the box to reset them. (also check STP that it's white/reset too.) Not sure if that'll fix it completely because I'm not exactly sure that the exact issue is buuuut !!! the above is just always a good routine to do before tuning any UST.

And about him sounding whisper-y, did you accidentally download a whisper append instead of something else? (I've never used Shuu before so I'm not familiar with his appeneds sryyyy). Other than that maybe his voicebank has built in appends, meaning you have to use a certain alias on the note to call other appends (in other words some voicebanks need "↑" or a special symbol in the suffix to call the power append). Or it could just be the notes he's singing are too low and using one of his lower/softer pitches that were recorded. His higher pitches probably have a lot more power to them.

airee

New Fan
Apr 4, 2020
could you send a screenshot of the problem? That would be super helpful :mirai_ani_lili:

Since he's just singing vowels it makes me think this is a preutterance/overlap or envelope issue...?? Honestly that'd be my first guess but since no screenshot it's a wild one haha Try selecting all the notes, hit reset envelope button, and p2p3 (or p2p4). Then while all the note are still selected right click and go to properties, and make sure the preutterance and overlap are white and not greyed out. If they're grey double click inside the box to reset them. (also check STP that it's white/reset too.) Not sure if that'll fix it completely because I'm not exactly sure that the exact issue is buuuut !!! the above is just always a good routine to do before tuning any UST.

And about him sounding whisper-y, did you accidentally download a whisper append instead of something else? (I've never used Shuu before so I'm not familiar with his appeneds sryyyy). Other than that maybe his voicebank has built in appends, meaning you have to use a certain alias on the note to call other appends (in other words some voicebanks need "↑" or a special symbol in the suffix to call the power append). Or it could just be the notes he's singing are too low and using one of his lower/softer pitches that were recorded. His higher pitches probably have a lot more power to them.
Thank you for the tips! It's really helpful!! I tried to fix it like what you mentioned and yup it works!!
plus maybe the other reasons is the pitch curve uhh what is it called?? (portamento i guess??) is too extreme??
1596608352844.png

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
OH I'm glad that worked!!!! :ia_ani_lili::ia_ani_lili:

Yeah it must have been the weird preutterance/overlap issues. Pitch bends (technically called portamento but we all just say pitch bends) wouldn't effect things like consonants, all they do is change the pitch of a note. pitch bends don't usually need to be very extreme to pull off singing, for me I rarely drag a pitch bend more than 3 notes up/down from the original note but it's kinda just personal tuning taste?? Anyways happy it's working now :D

Reactions: airee

airee

New Fan
Apr 4, 2020
OH I'm glad that worked!!!! :ia_ani_lili::ia_ani_lili:

Yeah it must have been the weird preutterance/overlap issues. Pitch bends (technically called portamento but we all just say pitch bends) wouldn't effect things like consonants, all they do is change the pitch of a note. pitch bends don't usually need to be very extreme to pull off singing, for me I rarely drag a pitch bend more than 3 notes up/down from the original note but it's kinda just personal tuning taste?? Anyways happy it's working now :D
Ohh okaayy!! Thank youu!!

Reactions: Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)