• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource How to use Recotte Studio (for VOICEROID videos)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Recotte Studio, also known as レコッテ スタジ (REKOTTE SUTAJIO) or レコスタ (REKOSUTA), is software created by AHS meant for making VOICEROID videos. (It is not completely finished software, they will be adding more features soon.)
Product page: Recotte Studio - 実況動画作成ソフトウェア|製品情報|AHS(AH-Software)
Free 30 day trial: Recotte Studio 体験版ダウンロード|体験版ダウンロード|製品情報|AHS(AH-Software)

Short video of Maki explaining the software:

There are 4 preset project files when you load the program: Blank project, a character + live footage (Let's Play or even an in-real-life video) as the background, multiple characters having a conversation + live footage as the background, and screen capture as the background.
1.jpg

So far, the preset characters are all girls and they are a mix of 3D and 2D. For 3D characters, you can import your own MMD/VRM models (as in original characters or MMD models by other companies) and rotate the camera view.
girls.png

Maki is the mascot, so the poses her character can do are able to be put on your own 3D model.

Example of an original 3D character with original audio:

Example of multiple camera views:

A few more examples of what Recotte can do:

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
For 2D characters, you can import your own tachi-e (立ち絵) (pictures of the character as a Photoshop file where you can turn on different eye/eyebrow/mouth poses, clothes, etc). Right now, Photoshop files aren't supported, but will be in the future.

Preset 2D Tsuina-chan:

Example of an imported original 2D character:

#レコスタ (#REKOSUTA) is the hashtag AHS is encouraging users to use on Twitter.

Recotte Studio has many fonts you can chose from in addition to making your own.
font.png

For shapes, you can import things like talking bubbles/angry marking/symbols, and import your own pictures which can be rotated/animated.
shapes.png

Example of shapes in action (yes, they h ave preset shapes that say things like "The End" or sound effects written out):

There are also effects you can put on the video relating to movement, fading, sepia, and monochrome, to name a few.
effects.png

Here is a timestamped video of the AHS livestream where they demonstrated using Recotte Studio:

(By the way, according to the livestream, the word "Recotte" is supposed to seem cute/French. It's not a real word, but it has part of the word "record" in it.)

Last edited:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I forgot to mention it, but because Recotte Studio is made by AHS, it is connected to the VOICEROID software in order to make it faster to get audio files produced. You basically write a line of dialogue, it opens VOICEROID, and that new audio file gets pointed to in the program. Inserting new lines of dialogue in between existing ones is quick and easy with this method.

Unfortunately, there isn't an English translation of the software. So I started to translate the interface (my goal is to do one translation per day). I will be posting them here.

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

Today, AHS finally uploaded the official manual, so I will probably explain how to use the software as I learn it myself.

Also, there are already some fan-made tools relating to PNG tachi-e drawings and a tool to import CeVIO audio. When I try it, I will let you know how it works!

AHS said that the 2D character tool is in alpha, so hopefully I will get to test that out soon. (I do have my own tachi-e drawing that I want to try out!)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Writing this now because I KNOW I'm gonna forget:
Be very organized with your files ahead of time (have a proper project folder with subfolders (for things like backgrounds, images, characters) and everything labeled in a meaningful way). Ex: If you have a picture on the desktop and point to it, then put it in a folder later, this makes it so the entire project can't be opened (it gives an error message saying the layers won't work and refuses to open the file). It will only work again if you put the picture back onto the desktop.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
How to acquire and use Recotte Studio's 2D Character Creation Tool:

On the product page, click the link circled in red:
reco1.png

Make sure you have version 0.9.10.11.
There's a folder called "rs_2dtool_help" that has link to a webpage tutorial called "index".

In the main unzipped folder, click RS_2DConv to run the app:
2d_1.jpg

Explanation of File menu:
2d_2.jpg

How to import your character into Recotte Studio:
2d_3.jpg

Getting your character onto the timeline:
2d_4.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)