• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

I have already activated all the installed VOCALOID products. But when I try to start VOCALOID4 Editor, I get a message saying it isnt activated

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
The title is (for the most part) taken from the VOCALOID4 troubleshooting FAQ on Yamaha's page.
As far as I know, I do not have any files left over from previous, or failed, installations, but just to be sure, how can I remove them if the uninstallers aren't working whatsoever, and left files behind? What folders do I search?

Sep 21, 2019
I recommend checking your users -> appdata -> roaming folder and the folders within it--if you find anything with the name Vocaloid or yamaha, delete it (only AFTER you deactivate everything and uninstall). Also after you deactivate and uninstall everything, try clearing the registries of anything related to Vocaloid using the regedit application--I think that should completely remove all the information related to it from your computer??

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
I recommend checking your users -> appdata -> roaming folder and the folders within it--if you find anything with the name Vocaloid or yamaha, delete it (only AFTER you deactivate everything and uninstall). Also after you deactivate and uninstall everything, try clearing the registries of anything related to Vocaloid using the regedit application--I think that should completely remove all the information related to it from your computer??
THANK YOU!!! Should I restart my computer, too?

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
nope, nothing. do you think the discord might help?
EDIT: nope, i refuse to join the discord if there's anyone from rather well-known producer servers, or most producers from the western community. i wouldn't start drama, but i know a lot of people draw pitchforks at me on sight, and servers with an "instaban controversial figures" rule give me so much anxiety and paranoia due to repeated incidents in the community, mostly at the hands of other producers. if you can direct me to anyone else who could help, without having to go through a group of people all at once, i'd be grateful!

Last edited:

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
There is probably something still left behind. You can use software like CCleaner or find it manually in regedit.
You need to check it in 2 place.
1.HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Anything related to yamaha, vocaloid and delete it.
2.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Anything related to yamaha, vocaloid and delete it.
and restart your machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

whiteglovian

New Fan
Jul 6, 2021
There is probably something still left behind. You can use software like CCleaner or find it manually in regedit.
You need to check it in 2 place.
1.HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Anything related to yamaha, vocaloid and delete it.
2.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Anything related to yamaha, vocaloid and delete it.
and restart your machine.
just tried it, that didnt work sadly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)