• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Idea for Vocaloid in more languages

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Something just dawned on me, and I'm kinda hyped for it even if it's never gonna happen; I think it could be really cool!
Remember when Vocaloid 4 first launch and AH-Software announced that they wanted to make Vocaloids for more languages?
Well, Nana's the perfect tool for that. Not only is she the companies first English-speaking vocal, but if I remember correctly, Haruna Ikezawa (her voice provider) also speaks fluent Chinese and French. Chinese would be another new language for the company, and French a new one entirely!
Man that would be so cool come on AH-Software make my dreams a reality

-I tried to hunt around and confirm that she actually speaks those languages, but everything I found was just lists of roles she's voiced in animes, so if someone could confirm that with me, that would be great.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
I would say AHS would be more likely to make a German vocaloid due to how they constantly test the waters and the fact they have had activity there. They have also confirmed that they have looked into doing English voicebanks for their more popular loids, and have considered a recording process similar to Lou's Japanese bank,

I think the same as what Trevor said about AHS. Their official merchandise could be found at Berliner anime conventions since 2015 (or even earlier) and in 2016 they had their first concert. Chihiro Ishiguro, voice provider of Yuzuki Yukari, said that she would like to voice a German version of Yukari. I heard her talking in German. It sounds cute, similar to Miku's English.
BTW, Macne Nana has had her first live concert in 2017 in Berlin. They also announced that they were going to release German interfaces of the VOCALOID4 Editor and Charamin Studio. I didn't hear any news about it since then but they used the German version of Charamin Studio in an animation workshop. They previously had released a German interface of the Tiny V3 Editor that is being sold with Yukari V3 on Amazon Germany.

I heard that Kiyoteru's voice provider, Hiyama Kiyoshi, speaks English. That would be a male VOCALOID I wanted.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
From the sound of things, German in V5 sounds fairly likely. It would be really odd for AHS to spend a lot of time in the German market if they thought it wouldn't be viable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)