• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Resource Importing VOCALOID2 Banks Into VOCALOID3/4/PIAPRO - An In-Depth Guide

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
1280px-Vocaloid_2_logo.svg.png

I had some trouble finding the tools for doing this, so I figured I'd make a thread to help others who might need it! There was a previous guide published to this forum (thank you, @Move->Forward!), but I still had a lot of questions about where to find the import tool and about V2s in general, so here's an updated, step-by-step guide!

First things first! There's three things you'll need:
  1. A V2 voicebank
  2. The Import Tool
  3. An import code
The first step is the easiest, of course. There are many sites that still sell V2s.* If you're reading this, I'm guessing you're either considering one or already have one, so you're good to go once you've got it! Make sure to install your voicebank**, and remember, V2s don't need a separate editor; they're self-sustaining.

*If purchasing from a Japanese website, it's likely you'll need a forwarding service. I recommend Tenso! They give you a Japanese address and phone number so you don't have to BS the purchase forms, and once you have proof of identity and a payment method set up, you're good to go!
Also, some banks and cards will block purchases made on foreign websites. It might be a good idea to call ahead and make sure your payment can go through.
**Another thing to note: if you're wanting Miku Append or Rin/Len Append, you need to first have their V2s installed. They won't work independently.

Now comes the tedious part: Getting your voicebank transferred to V3/V4/Piapro. Luckily, it's actually pretty simple!

The Import Tool
At one point long before I got into Vocaloid orz, the Import Tool was offered on the Vocaloid website. In fact, in my desperate search for it, that's what most forums linked to. It's long gone now, but mercifully, it still survives buried deep into Zero G's website! To save you the digging,

(NOTE: The above link should automatically start the download. If it fails, you can find it here; it's the first Shopify link (third link overall), a few lines below the dead Vocaloid Shop link.)

Unzip the file and install the Import Tool, and you've got all the software you need for the process!

Getting Your Import Code
This part of the process is why I call the whole thing tedious. It's not hard, it just involves messaging your voicebank's company, but we all know how corporations love to take their time responding to people.

Anyway, here, you send an email to the company that produced your product, requesting an import code (unless you have a Crypton V2*). Mention the product you purchased and that it's a V2, of course! Be patient; it could take between 24 hours and a few weeks to hear back.** Please note that many companies will want your serial code as well. From experience, Zero-G doesn't ask for your serial code, but for all other companies, it wouldn't hurt to send it in as well.

*This process is different for Crypton V2s. You can find that info here.
**Also note that there's a possibility a company can't/won't give you an import code. Remember: this is, ultimately, dependent on what they decide. I wish I had better news, but that's how it is. It seems most companies are willing, though! And if worst comes to worst, the V2 editor isn't too different from its proceeding versions.

You can find how best to contact each company here (though it's still a WIP).

Assuming all goes well, and you get that blessed email...

I've got my voicebank, the Import Tool, and an import code! Now what?
One last step, and you're on your way!

First, open the import tool. You'll come face-to-face with this:

Untitled.png

There will be a checkbox beside each voicebank's name. Click the box for the bank you wish to install, insert the code you were given in those boxes at the bottom, click Next, and the tool will help you through the rest.

Congratulations! Ya done it.:tonio_ani_lili:

Your V2 should now show up in VOCALOID3 (including the Tiny Editor), VOCALOID4, and Piapro Studio. Go get 'em!

If you have any questions or I didn't make things clear enough, feel free to ask! Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I really can't thank you enough for writing such an in-depth tutorial! I've been looking into V2's lately and have been wondering how I get them into Piapro since I don't have the editor, but I could never find anything before!
Now to go blow all my spare funds on V2s. Jk. XD

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Truth be told, I'm not 100% sure you can do this if you don't have a Vocaloid editor... I didn't add that in because I really don't know. If worst comes and that's the case, I'm pretty sure you'll be good if you've got the V3TE, which I believe comes with all non-Crypton V3s! You've got Mayu, so that should be fine.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Anyway, here, you send an email to the company that produced your product, requesting an import code (unless you have a Crypton V2*). Mention the product you purchased and that it's a V2, of course! Be patient; it could take between 24 hours and a few weeks to hear back.**

Most companies also need your serial for the product.

Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)