• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Indiegogo campaign for Solaria

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I wonder if people from abroad will be able to donate to Indiegogo? (Not familiar with it) The cost is going to be quite high and Western fans are kinda, uhh, monetarily challenged compared to the overwhelming force of Japanese crowdfunding.

By the way, I made an alternating video clip between Solaris and Emma so you can compare their voices:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Okay, I like Emma's voice so much more than Solaris tone. Wasn't hit by that "oh, my gosh, I love it and I would want her so badly" on first hearing Solaris. But I guess, I'm lucky on not wanting to get SynthV (Only really these three, more on Rikka made me have the urge to get them and the synth studio :cangqiong_lili::muxin_lili::rikka_smile_lili: :koharurikka_smile_lili:)
Good luck to everyone else that wants Solaris~! :haiyi_lili_smile:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i glanced over the vague description of the design but it is definitely not what i expected lol, but in a good way! i am so used to all the very light colored designs, i thought she was going to be heavily white with with gold/red/orange accents. she looks unique and i really like the minor bits of metal armor too. not too out there but at least a little different from what im used to seeing.

im curious how much room for....change and improvement there will be from the sample we hear. i think AI banks can be good but also limiting in how much they can sound like their VPs too. i definitely like the direction the voice is going, the tone and all is good and the VP's voice is very very nice. but i would hope for more clarity in general and strength on those higher notes (which AI banks thus far have kinda struggled to do) so... ill be curious to see where this goes if they're able to develop it further with crowdfunding.

unsure how a crowdfunding will go too. as mentioned this isnt really...common for western side to do so im unsure if itll take off very well. i think the fact this is the first english AI bank to possibly exist will get the fandom excited, but not sure if its enough to fund it. i mostly think about how young most of the fandom in the west is, so how likely are people who get excited for it also people with money to spend..? only time will tell i guess.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I guess it depends on how much the goal will be? It's true that crowdfunding isn't really a constant on the Western side of things, but it's been done successfully before: Vocamerica raised 21k, Circus/Aki/Lupin physical album kickstarter raised 7k, English Zunda Horizon kickstarter raised 10k with only 69 backers (though some of those may have been/were probably Japanese fans)...

It'll be interesting to see how it goes, but I'm sure the Western fandom can pull it off if this is something they really want.

Personally, I'm more interested in hearing the AI voice - the standard voice isn't really something I see myself wanting to use (though I understand this isn't the product that is being funded, I just mean it's not really enough to personally interest me that much orz), though it is pretty nice! And Superstellar did such a lovely job on the illustration. I do like the VP's voice from what I heard, so I hope the AI bank will be closer to that.

And besides, if this goes well, it'll definitely show that there's an interest in English Synth V vocals, so it could very well pave the way for the future.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I’m definitely not fond of the standard voice (it sounds like she has cottonballs in her mouth to me), but I do think that it has some good qualities that hopefully will mean a good result with the AI bank. I do hope that the AI bank will sound more like her vp.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
yeah im definitely more interested to see how an AI voice will sound over the standard- as the demo is right now with a what theyve done i cant say im into it enough to wanna buy it. its a shame we cant get some kinda idea of what it may sound like as AI instead because as much as i like the VP and the direction the demo version is going, i probably wouldnt be into if the end product is only like... slightly different from this. i wish crowdfunding it wasnt the only way to found out what the end product will be;;

Last edited:

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I think around 60000$ is a good bet, maybe a bit more
If I remember correctly, what Dreamtonics charges for Voicebank production is around the same, maybe a bit lower. They also need to pay the voice provider, artists, demo song producers, rent a recording booth etc., but I think they also have money from other sources. (I assume they already had to pay Dreamtonics in part to be allowed to make a SynthV Standard VB for testing)

frankensalad

Passionate Fan
Feb 27, 2019
For a standard back that was only made to demonstrate (which means it's probably not as polished as a bank that was being produced to be sold) her consonant clusters sound SO NICE compared to most other English vocal synths. If the final AI product is much of an improvement, she might end up being one of the most easily understandable English singing synths.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
SynthV is not anywhere near $60k, Dreamtonics aren't Yamaha. Can't really say much beyond that but that would be like... the range at which you're doing a lot more than a single AI bank.

I kind hoped we'd get the goal before the crowdfunding opened but I guess we'll have to wait until the campaign launches tomorrow.

___

Oct 8, 2019
The project timeline is really small and I have hard time reading it 😅 but for others this is what I can make out:

May 14: Campaign begins
May 16-22: Guest artist, rewards reveal(?)
May 22: Q&A Livestream
June 5: Q&A Livestream2
June 28: Q&A Livestream3 Campaign ends
August 2021: digital rewards ( can't read the small text beneath )
December 2021: Physical merchandise rewards ( can't read the small text beneath )
January 2022: SOLARIS digital software rewards
February 2022: SOLARIS physical edition rewards

(Timeline is tentative. Dates subject to change based on production time)

Geez my eyes hurt now :clara_ani_lili: lemme know if I misread something!

Best of luck to them!

edit: holy SHIT it's here too!!!!

Thank you Miku for higher resolution loool

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)