• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Installing Merli

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Hello! I just got Merli NEO and the Meikas for Christmas (Yay!!!), but I'm having a weird issue come up when I try to install Merli. Here's what I'm getting:

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 9.07.25 AM.png

I looked up the error online and Apple says to contact the company that makes the product. Has anyone else run into this message? Should I just try installing and see what happens or should I contact iStyle via their website to ask them? Apparently Merli also comes with Clip Studio Paint (Idk if it's a trial or the full version. I know nothing about CSP) and that gives the same error message when I try to install it.

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 9.15.23 AM.png

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Very strange. I'm not super familiar with Mac, but are you able to choose to just install parts instead of all of it? Maybe her voice db itself would be fine?

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Did you get a download version or a boxed version? I do find it strange that she came with CSP. I got a boxesdversion and CSP wasn’t included.

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Did you get a download version or a boxed version? I do find it strange that she came with CSP. I got a boxesdversion and CSP wasn’t included.
Huh that’s weird. This is the boxed version. Should I contact iStyle to make sure it’ll work/is legit?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Did you get her off of ebay or some other place like that? This is really weird and that CSP part espeacially, I don't see why a vocaloid....would come with CSP??

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Did you get her off of ebay or some other place like that? This is really weird and that CSP part espeacially, I don't see why a vocaloid....would come with CSP??
Assuming my parents followed the link I sent them, here’s where we got her:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Even with a legit amazon listing the product might not be. Could you post a picture of the packaging?
My copy of Merli Neo has a clear case and the outside paper(not sure if this is the correct term) is reversible.(one side is the Neo art and the other is of her original box art. There are also some papers on the inside promoting various Lapis and Istyle things.
edit: I don’t have her on hand to compare contents since I packed her a couple months back.

Reactions: Leon and ___

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I would definitely just contact Yamaha through Support on the VocaloidShop for this. They can usually help with anything or identifying if something is legit.
i don’town Merli, but I went to her product page on the Vocaloid Shop and the only mention of any bonus content is her voice material files. No mention of CSP anywhere on the page, which you’d think it’d at least be mentioned in the section that tells you what licenses you get with purchase, considering product pages for AHSloids mention Charamin Studio...so something is definitely weird here.
when you email, I would advise also probiding the serial code of the box as well as your activation code. That may help them determine if she’s legit or not.

Reactions: ___ and Leon

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Even with a legit amazon listing the product might not be. Could you post a picture of the packaging?
My copy of Merli Neo has a clear case and the outside paper(not sure if this is the correct term) is reversible.(one side is the Neo art and the other is of her original box art. There are also some papers on the inside promoting various Lapis and Istyle things.
edit: I don’t have her on hand to compare contents since I packed her a couple months back.
The seller we used was GJG Audio. Here’s the pictures of the box.

Attachments

Reactions: WyndReed and Leon

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I would definitely just contact Yamaha through Support on the VocaloidShop for this. They can usually help with anything or identifying if something is legit.
i don’town Merli, but I went to her product page on the Vocaloid Shop and the only mention of any bonus content is her voice material files. No mention of CSP anywhere on the page, which you’d think it’d at least be mentioned in the section that tells you what licenses you get with purchase, considering product pages for AHSloids mention Charamin Studio...so something is definitely weird here.
when you email, I would advise also probiding the serial code of the box as well as your activation code. That may help them determine if she’s legit or not.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll send them an email and see what they say.

• Sad
Reactions: Leon
Sep 21, 2019
You're best to contact Yamaha if you're uncertain, but I think I recall the certificate thing happening with Mayu when I attempted to install her on my Mac. Maybe for some reason the V3s have this issue?

Since she comes with CSP, but there's no mention of it on i-Style's site, that seems kinda sketchy to me. Contacing Yamaha as others recommended is the best course of action.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
You're best to contact Yamaha if you're uncertain, but I think I recall the certificate thing happening with Mayu when I attempted to install her on my Mac. Maybe for some reason the V3s have this issue?

Since she comes with CSP, but there's no mention of it on i-Style's site, that seems kinda sketchy to me. Contacing Yamaha as others recommended is the best course of action.
Legit-ness aside, do you remember what you had to do to fix the certificate issue with your Mayu?

Sep 21, 2019
When it gave me the certificate issue, I just clicked continue. However, I only advise doing this if you're certain you have a legitimate product; I went through with Mayu because I bought her directly from the Vocaloid shop and I had previously installed her on Windows just fine.

I hope this is helpful! ^^

Reactions: Älfa Dröttning

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
When it gave me the certificate issue, I just clicked continue. However, I only advise doing this if you're certain you have a legitimate product; I went through with Mayu because I bought her directly from the Vocaloid shop and I had previously installed her on Windows just fine.

I hope this is helpful! ^^
Thank you! I’ll see what the people at Yamaha say before I try it, but I’m glad it works!

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Update: So I got a response from Yamaha's support and they basically said the same thing that RoboCheatsy did and provided some other resources in case I had any issues with the server while activating Merli. They didn't mention anything about Clip Studio Paint being on the disk, even though I mentioned it when I sent the request, and they assured me that there was no way for the installer to be corrupted. I also went back on Merli's disc to look at the CSP stuff and found a pdf that (I'm assuming) gives some information about how CSP can be used along with 3D models of Aoki Lapis and other i-Style project characters. Since the pdf seems to be specific to the product and Yamaha didn't say it was illegitimate, I think I'm all set. Thanks everyone! (Apparently I get to learn to use CSP now! That's going to be fun!)

Edit: CSP is in Japanese only and changing the language is impossible because it's under a Japanese license. Oh well I'll still try using it (I'll look at the English GUI and learn it that way).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)