• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Installing VOCALOID4 on D: drive instead of C: drive

So I'm setting up a new computer that has a solid-state drive (with the system files pre-installed on it) and a much larger hard drive which is meant to be used for documents. The Vocaloid software plus all my other applications and games will not fit on the SSD (C:) so I was really hoping to install it on the other hard drive (D:) instead. I got my Vocaloid 3 software plus my V3 voice banks on D: with no problem, but the installer for the Vocaloid 4 editor won't give me an option to install it on D: but instead installs it straight onto the C: drive without asking me. I will try uninstalling some other things from C: and reinstalling them on D: if possible, but I'm worried that if the V5 software (which I have yet to buy but was planning to do so) also insists on being installed onto the C: drive, then I will run out of room no matter what. Is there some kind of workaround that will force my computer to do what I want rather than what it wants?

Thanks in advance for answering my probably stupid question! :)

EDIT: I think I might have come up with a partial solution. The Vocaloid 4 Editor gives me no options not to install on C: as I indicated. But when I tried to install Fukase, it wanted to install him in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/VOCALOID4/voicelib. So I simply created a similar file structure on D: and installed him there. Presto, he seems to work just fine when I open the editor. I will do the same with my other V4 voice banks, and just hope that V5 is more flexible.

EDIT2: I got the VOCALOID5 upgrade package with just the four voice banks, since I already have VY1V4 and VY2V3. It worked out exactly the same as the V4 files, with the editor and voice banks being on C: and D: respectively. Which means that, with my luck, VY2V5 will be coming along shortly. :P

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)