• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Is there a way to do Voice to Midi?

Jan 7, 2021
I was wondering if there is anyway to record my voice or use a song and then turn it into a midi file? I've been wondering about this for a while now and was curious as to if it was fantasy or reality.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Yes there are many ways I would imagine you want to use said midi in a vocal synth so I would recommend something like anthem score it's probably the best for it. You can also use melodyne or newtone

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i will add that i got melodyne ages ago with the intention of using it for such things- it definitely does what it says it will do, just note that the translation to midi may be messy in terms of where it detects pitch, and may need some editing, like quantizing, in order for it to sound right, but the tools are easy and straightforward to use. melodyne also has a trial but i dont recall what its limits were. i bought the full version because i recall i couldnt use certain functions i needed in the trial so, just a heads up if you want to use it.

Reactions: KaitoShionDaKing
Jan 7, 2021
i will add that i got melodyne ages ago with the intention of using it for such things- it definitely does what it says it will do, just note that the translation to midi may be messy in terms of where it detects pitch, and may need some editing, like quantizing, in order for it to sound right, but the tools are easy and straightforward to use. melodyne also has a trial but i dont recall what its limits were. i bought the full version because i recall i couldnt use certain functions i needed in the trial so, just a heads up if you want to use it.
Thank you! I'll definitely give the free trial a go!

Retraux

Vocaloid I Devotee
Jun 4, 2020
I've used MikuMikuVoice for this in the past, and it's turned out pretty well. It's like a freeware version of VocaListener. It's slightly outdated, but if you can get it running, it has potential.

Tutorial & Download:

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
A few DAW have the tools like manipulate pitch, timing and formant.
fruity loops have Newtone, Cubase have VariAudio, Cakewalk and Studio one have melodyne essential.

For the free version software i recomend the VocalShifter, There is also the paid version, But free version should do the job fine.

Reactions: KaitoShionDaKing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)