• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Issue with V5's VST in Studio One

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
So I am having a problem, but I do not know how to solve it :rune_lili:
When I press the Space button or click the Play button in the V5 VST, it refuses to play any sound. The white indicator thing(I do not know what it is called) does not even move. It only plays sound if I click Play or press the space button in Studio One. Is there a way to change this? It is a bit inconvenient to keep switching between Studio One and V5 if all I need to do is adjust the note length.

Sep 21, 2019
I think it has something to do with the way Studio One handles audio—I don’t know how to fix it myself, but there’s another thread on it somewhere. Something about changing it from ASIO4All or whatever it uses…?

Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I think it has something to do with the way Studio One handles audio—I don’t know how to fix it myself, but there’s another thread on it somewhere. Something about changing it from ASIO4All or whatever it uses…?
I had it set to Windows Audio, but tried switching it to ASIO4ALL, and now it is giving me this error window every time I try to switch back to V5's VST;

"Failed to open Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)!

Please make sure that the sample rates of your recording and playback devices match."

When I switch back to ASIO4ALL, this goes away. It still refuses to play audio from V5's VST unless I press play in Studio One however.

Edit: I was able to fix the microphone issue after some difficulty. It is now set to Windows Audio without that pop up appearing.

Last edited:

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Try going to Settings --> Preferences in V5 and changing the audio device so they match with Studio ONE's
I changed it to ASIO4ALL in V5 standalone(The audio device setting is not available in the VST version for some reason), then changed the audio device in Studio One to the same one, and the issue is still persisting. The issue stems from ASIO4ALL according to Kazumi's post, but it would not let me add any other audio devices to V5, only allowed me to switch to others, but Windows Audio was not there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)