• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Question Issue with Vocaloid 5

Rotten_Rotten

New Fan
Dec 4, 2020
20201206_164858.png
Question from a noob. Lately, I been having this issue. In this screenshot, you can see how weirdly my orange line directs itself. It gets more severe later in the track. It makes my vocaloid sound awful (kinda shaky), but I don't know what's causing it to be this off. The issue persists when I change styles (premade ones that come with the program), when I use my own (which sounded normal a few weeks ago), it stays when I mess with the style settings. How do I prevent this? Is this normal? These are raw vocals with no editing aside from adding a style. I can't work with this. (For reference, i'm using DAINA in this screenshot, but even when I change to Macne Nana and other english vbs it still stays like this.)

Last edited:

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Hmm as far as I can tell from the info I really think this might be a style? I know what you said but I am having issues coming up with another explanation could you go into your style real quickly and turn off the top left one I can't recall the name rn :x sry if I wasnt too helpful

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I don't have V5 installed at the moment and go to bed in a few minutes so this reply is quick.
I don't know which style you picked, but there is actually a style of no style (I can't remember the name at the moment). Some of the singing styles sound really wonked up and make them sing like weird aliens, so maybe the singing style you picked is weird.
If you are in the Style tab, you can also customize a style yourself and save it, so you can turn off things like echoeyness, etc.

On the screenshot, I circled 2 parts of the software that can help you fine-tune the results. In red on the bottom is a button to show parameters to draw your own tuning. In orange, one of the 3 buttons makes attack/release pop up at the bottom to further fine-tune the singing (as a note, most of their default numbers are too high, so you have to turn it down).

.png

You can also check out the manual in the menu bar (I believe it's under Help). There are tutorials on Yamaha's YouTube channel, too. Check the older videos because they are more simple and explain each part of the software, as opposed to the newer tutorials which are kind of weird.

Sorry this reply is so messy/vague, I don't have time to fix up what I wrote but wanted to try to help a little real quick.

:ring_ani_lili:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
My guess is that you have Singing Skill on! Just deactivate it by clicking the following button and you're good to go.

1607310775688.png

Reactions: ___

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)